• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

(Topic title has been censored)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissingNo

Inactive Member
That conversation was not over. Wes, editing like that _does_ take away from the intent, even if the words mean the same thing. "Pissed off" is something that is understood as getting the point across of how angry the person was. Simply "mad" or "angry" can be anything from annoyed to enraged, but saying "he was PO'd" leaves no doubt to how mad. Sometimes something is written in a way to BE offensive. That was the intended result of saying it the way it was said, to get a reaction whether the reaction is "Hoo-ah!" or "OMG, I hate what he said!". But it's supposed to be a reaction, and by changing it to something less offensive you take the bite out of the quote while leaving the bark. And, if it's in-character quoting, then it deserves to be written the way it was said, provided the quote has a point in being quoted at all.

But that's beside the point. Why did you go in and do it yourself instead of telling the authors to do it? At the very least, give them a notice, a deadline, and tell them you'll do it yourself if they don't. Then at least they could make their arguments for keeping it as-is.

At the very least, give them a notice, a deadline, and tell them you'll do it yourself if they don't. Then at least they could make their arguments for keeping it as-is.
Or, alternatively, have the opportunity to edit it with their own words and intent.

I'm afraid you're confusing everybody -- what's happened? And why is there a bashing of an Admin/Site Manager?

Or, alternatively, have the opportunity to edit it with their own words and intent.
You still have the opportunity. It's their character page--if they want to improve the wording they're free to do so. I changed things myself because a lot of the pages were no longer actively maintained, and because the ones that are actively maintained have editors that can adjust the text to their liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…