• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Toshiros medical equipment Thinktank

Daniel

Inactive Member
Medical Interal Vision Scanner System

MIVSS

Designer: Dr Toshiro Nishiki

Description: A large bedlike object with a cream plastic bottom leading into a chamber and a over body shield made of a thin metal that stops the ray from passing all the way through. around 7'11 long 4' tall and 4' wide made of solid cream plastic with MIVSS on indented letters on the over body shield. with a attached screen and control panel.

in the star a diffrent method is apparently necisisarry for the diagnosis of wounds. The answer is MIVSS a creation that uses a advanced type of electronic vision. That uses a particle called [would need someone that knows a little more about science to create - want it to be called a quazite quazites in small amounts can cause the body to go transparent unless special substances are added - maybe used in stealth?] strangely enough quazite light is able to in large amounts, turn flesh transparent. With this in mind the MIVSSS system can turn specific areas of the body transparent, and then shows what is inside the body.
It can be specially programmed to show the blood flow of the body, the organs, the muscle tissues bones even just one or two parts of the body specifically.
This scanner system can scan biological entities however metal is impossible for it to cover. So metal limbs, and cybernetics cannot be analyzed with this, and there is chances that other substances will not be able to be penetrated. at the moment about a quater milimeter of any metal in thickness blocks the rays, plastic however doesnt for some unknown reason.

Anything that can make the body transparent would probably destroy it, since it would have to change either the density of the particles that comprise it (in short, vaporize most of the person) or change what they're made out of (which would break bonds and transmute proteins and stuff so that the person falls aparton a molecular level).
On the other hand, it could be a very high-tech X-ray machine which takes pictures from all directions (with much more sensitive sensors, so less radiation required) and then computer-generates a copy of the inside. Just like MRI only completely different. It could then project a hologram which could be analyzed by the doctor.
Or something..? Not sure if this is what you're after..
Metal would reflect the rays while plastic would not...and you could use different wavelengths of X-rays to examine different structures.

Somehow it's kind of a turn on. Too many mangas, I guess, lol.

But back to the technology, I agree on "I don't see how it's possible" as Will said, but I also agree about the scanners+hologram tech to create the same effect. You you want to use that instead, I'll be happy to approve it.

it'd be nice to diagnose problems without hacking someone open. Like lay them on the table, close it then havea holo projector display the body on the various levels.

Exactly my point, you could possibly have 2 or 3 versions, a small version designed for starships and small clinics, a large version designed for hospitals ect and a stand up version. "step into the booth please" would be a decent thing for a very small scout ship or space saving vessel.

object number 2

high definition medical examination unit.

HDEF MEU -

Description: A hand held Pad Linked to a large box with carrying strap, the pad contains a holographic display unit and the box contains several devices designed to perform tasks depending on the type.

the HDEF MEU unit is designed as a basic tool for doctors to use to provide them with a all purpose examination device. it has several functions including:
1. Medical Database linked up to Star army Medical Records of Patient, It also Updates Medical Records with data taken by the HDEF MEU
2. Heart Rate Monitor using a advanced sensor to pick up the elctrical charge created by a beating heart the standard HDEF MEU allows a doctor to at a distance of 25ft to determine the heart rate of any standard organism [this is basic creatures with known heart beats].
3. Blood Test Unit the standard HDEF MEU contains a small medical blood testing unit

other Functions are done by differing versions

XMEHM1-V.1.1 [Classic Version with above abilities]

XMEHM1-V.1.2 [Emergency Crash Unit also containing a revival unit and LIFE unit -described later]

XMEHM1-V.1.3 [Field Version, made much more lightweight with a more classic touch liquid crystal display more rugged without the fragile parts of the holographics, shockproof and water resistant]

XMEHM2-V.1.0 [Large Room based Version not designed to be carried around, attached to a small trolley Contains the same as the emergency crash unit capable of reviving all Yamatai Species, also contains life support, kidney dialisis, blood filtering, paitent monitors and alerts and a database of poisions, toxins, venoms, diseases and disorders, it also contains a built in mental recorder incase of death]

[Suggest your own versions]

well, im not quite sure, biological scanners? I have no ideas :/

in thought, there is a chance that medical scanners could be like scaled down ships ones, lots of arrays each designed to find and examine a specific organ / part taking 360 horizontal / vertical pictures of the part, and several designed to create readings that could be looked at by the doctor. perhaps? using a mixture of advanced X rays, Rapid MRI scans, Scaled down ships sensors like turning a telescope into a microscope?

maybe all of these diffrent sensors work at once, in a few seconds they can create a readout with all the medical scans a doctor would need to really know what was wrong with a paitent?

how long would it take, how much would it weigh, how much data could it produce, what types of sensors could we outfit it with..

M475D "Captain's Chair" Nanosurgery Control Unit

The M475D NCU is a Full-Immersion Sensory Input-Output Device, compatible wth the various models of the XMEHM-Series HDEF MEU.

It consists of a chairlike suspension harness, similar to the helmsman's station of a ship, in which the surgeon is partially sensory-isolated.

Feeds from the MEU are overlaid on a Heads-Up Display, in realtime, in Video, Audio, and even Tactile and Olfactory sensory input, via the VR Electrode-net head unit. All functions of the MEU are also able to be activated, deactivated, and otherwise manipulated via the net as well.

The primary function of the Captain's Chair, however, is to use the data from the HUD to assist in low-invasion, precision surgical procedures. The NCU receives data from linked surgical nanoids, endoscopes, and other instruments. The surgeon can control the devices much more efficiently than with standard remote control units, or with traditional surgical tools. Though the surgical nanoid drones initially offered with compatibility with the M475D NCU were proprietary, other, established manufacturers have procured licenses to begin offering both their own new designs, as well as retrofitted versions of popular existing models.

Medical Chair? if you ask me its a bit of a useless peice of equipment, it could probably be done standing up. with a pair of gloves or a helmet, or maybe a stand in holoprojector.

I'm still interested in the holographic/volumetric x-ray thing.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back