• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: NovaCorp/Horizon City Trade agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Inactive Member
(OCC: This took place before the launching of the Probe.)

"Sir, the Leistung group is becoming rather insistent. They wish to meet with you." Ghed's voice came through the Jilanths systems.

"Well tell them that they can meet me at my house." Emrys replied, legs up on the dash board.

"I tried that, they insist on meeting either on the Horizon, where they are based, or through a teleconference." Ghed responded nervously.

Because of the Leistung group's special situation they were more or less confined to the horizon and were quite insistent that any physical meeting take place there.

"Ghed, first get a spine. Secondly you know that I despise teleconferences, so impersonal." He yawned, "And so they insist on the Horizon, that is interesting. Going onto NovaCorps area of control, well diplomacy is a game of give and take." He thought allowed, "Alright I'll meet them there. I'm heading that way." Seru shut down the communications, and set the Jilanth on course to the Horizon. It would only take five or so minutes to get there.

Harm scoffed, shutting off her handheld computer and moving to the lab. Finally she had gotten a response out of the Emrys people, the long drawn out fight to talk to someone who knew what was going on was more than enough to take the normal relaxed, yet distant, attitude away from her as she prepared for the meeting she would have with a man named Seru.

"Kip, I'm coming in, any problems?" Seru communicated through the subspace radio to the Horizon, calmly and with a familiar tone.

"None, come in. Bay 2 is clear." Kip answered equally casually.

Seru dropped the Jilanth out of Hyperspace, and navigated through the cloud. Soon he was in the ship, and after settling down. He stretched, opened the rear doors, and jumped out.

"Harm, Seru is in Bay 2." Kips voice communicated to Harm.

Harm nodded, taking a bag full of goodies and hurrying to the bay. She arrived in a matter of moments and, finding only one person there, approached him and asked, "You must be Mr. Seru correct?"

"If that's what you want to call me. It's actually my first name." He bowed, and took her hand kissing it before smiling looking into her eyes, "And you are? Ghed wasn't clear about who was going to greet me."

"Harm," She responded, her tone a bit short, "Your a ridiculously hard man to get a hold of. Especially sense you refuse a teleconference. But on to business, the Leistung Group wants to get its products on the market as soon as possible." Once Seru was done with her hand she moved it to the duffle bag on her shoulder, withdrawing a sample of adaptive fabric and a handheld computer. "We have dozens of patterns for this material to be woven into from shirts to skirts and the fabric is more advanced than anything you've produced so far. The fabric can change patterns, is waterproof, breathable, comfortable to the touch, resistant to spills, and easy to manufacture." She seemed to be looking right through him with her deep purple eyes. She had her jet black hair flowing over her back, blending in with the black bodysuit she wore over her entire body below the neck. The form fitting material had no shine and showed off her lean, athletic body.

"Fascinating I'm sure. Is there somewhere better we can talk rather than this bay?" He paused, "Kip, can you guide us to a conference room?"

"Of course Seru, follow the orb." A yellow glowing orb apeared in the air, and began to float away.

"After you." Seru gestured, smiling.

Harm nodded, and turned to follow the bouncing ball.

It went down the halls, doors opening for it. Seru followed Harm, evaluating her.

She walked with a slightly seductive sway in her hips but kept a rigid posture, not slouching swinging her arms as she walked at all. One hand remained by her side while the other held the strap of the duffle bag over her shoulder. She walked at a brisk pace, keeping as close to the sphere as possible.

He was impressed with her posture, he would have guessed some form of military training. He easily kept up with her.

The Orb soon stopped at a door, which slid open to reveal a conference room, a large circular table with chairs around it.

"Thank you Kip," Harm said as she entered the room, moving to the chair facing the door before continuing, "Anyways," Harm said as she removed a data pad from the duffle bag and placed it on the table near Seru, "We have a wide variety of items that we think you would be interested in carrying in your stores. We would like to enter into a business arrangement that would allow us to provide you with designs and new technologies in exchange for a share of your profits."

Seru read though the pad, nodding and putting his mind to look through all the angles of each good, its possible adaptability, feasibility, saleability. All in all they looked good. "This looks very good, but I am not in the habit of creating a business arrangement with effective strangers. Can you tell me about the Leistung group?" Seru said in his standard casual voice, sitting back in his chair.

"The arrangement we are suggesting does not place your company at any risk of being double crossed. The Leistung group is a collection of scientists from Ayenee. Their research is generally pure science but they do need to pay their research and rooming tabs as well as prove that the group can remain profitable to the investors." Harm said, "Which is where your company comes in."

"That sounds like a profitable arrangement then, you supply technology and designs, and we sell them and give you a cut of the profits. I presume we are allowed to use the technology of the designs in our own projects?" Seru smiled, there where few things he enjoyed more than a discussion like this one, even if it seemed pretty open and shut.

"Of course, we expect a share of the profits from those sales as well however. 20% seems like a fair starting cut." Harm said, setting the duffle bag down in the chair she was standing next to.

"Well that sounds very fair, I'm not going to insult you by going any lower. In what fashion are the designs going to reach my production teams?"

"The designs are in a ready to assemble state, no further design or modification work is needed." Harm said.

"Well that's that finished then." Seru flashed a smile, "But I'm interested in Ayenee, some of my agents are setting up shop there actually. What can you tell me of it?"

"Only that its one hell of an interesting place." Harm said, returning the smile for once.

"Interesting? Well I hope to go there some day. Currently we're increasing our drug market, however that is another matter. Tell me, what do you think of NovaCorp?" Seru was always interested in peoples perspectives.

"Sorry, my thoughts remained locked away for only me to use." Harm said, retaining her smile.

"Of course they are. A private person, reserved. A good person to choose for a business deal." He smiled.

"So I believe we are done here?" Harm asked.

"If that's all you wish to discuss, then yes." Seru stood up by flicking his body weight, "And I hope for a long ... oh, we haven't signed a contract." Seru had been preparing one in his off hand on an electronic pad. He slid it over to Harm, "If that looks reasonable then we are finished, after of course we sign a paper copy."

"Well that's all perfect then." Seru took the pad after she had finished and looked over it, "Kip, drinks."

A tray carrying two glasses of whisky, and an assortment of other drinks floated into the room.

"Drink to finish the deal?" Seru picked up a glass of whisky.

Harm took one and sat the glass down on the table. "I believe this concludes our business here." She said, reluctantly raising the glass again in a toast before lifting it to her lips.

"Yes. I should be easier to contact next time, I was occupied. It appears to have caused all forms of trouble." He downed the whisky, a little sad that he was no longer effected by alcohol.

Harm nodded, returning the glass to the table, "I will see you next time then."

Seru nodded back, and sat down. He wanted to talk to some people before he left, it had been too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back