Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Destiny [Transport to Destiny] Finally, on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rine

Inactive Member
'Finally' was the word that went through Kenda's mind as he settled into his seat on the shuttle. All that training that was directly caused by his joining the Star Army was finally over, and he was on his way to his first assignment.

His eyes casually tracked over the other inhabitants of the shuttle, making a count idly in his head of the others, checking it against the total number of available seats in the shuttle, then turned his eyes towards the seat in front of him. The eyes soon closed as his arms crossed over his stomach.

Who knew, maybe helping keep this ship supplied might give him a challenge....and keep him from being bored.

"Alright guys and gals, we're ready for lift off." The pilot's voice came through the PA system.

The shuttles gravitic engines started up, forcing the ship away from the planets surface.

"Alright in around three seconds we're hitting hyper-space." THe pilot sounded a little too happy with himself "I hope you know this is a special honour, the Jilanth shuttle is new, and is going to get you to the Destiny faster than any shuttle easily available. Here we go." He said very fast, fitting it in three seconds.

Outside the shuttle suddenly disapeard, transpositiong into hyperspace.

"Now we would allow you to see outside, but firstly there are no windows, and secondly it's not too easy on the mind. Trust me, I saw it once and it took me a week to get my mind back to a organised state. There are some things we're not meant to see, hyperspace being one of them. This is going to take around four minutes."

Four minutes later the shuttle apeared inside Nepleslian space, and began to move towards the far away form of the Destiny, which was itself moving towards Nepleslia,

"We're engaging gravitic again, so we'll be there in a while. Make yourselves comfortable."

Winced mentally at the pilot's apparent eagerness to try out his new toy....and his own admittance to a bit of insanity...wonderful, with his luck he would have an entire crew full of these people.

He opened one eye, and scanned over the seven other passenger, checking to see if any of his other potential crewmates seemed at all scared of the pilot's speech, but never having been really good at reading others, he soon closed the eye, and just held onto his chair, as if it could protect him if the pilot went off the deep end. Just a while longer....

"Shuttle, we are monitoring your aproach and have recieved your details. Welcome aboard."

The Destiny's gravitic field distorted, gently pulling the craft inside one of the bays, and setting it down.

Kenda gave a slight sigh of releif as the field encased the shuttle, and as it settled in, he reached down to grab the strap of his bag, before casting an eye over the rest of the passengers. Not wanting to seem eager to rush out of the shuttle, he would wait until a few had risen, before rising himself and heading towards the exit ramp, strap of his bag held at his side to swing beside his legs.

(OOC: Could a mod please help me finish up this thread, so i can actually participate in the rp?)

Several people stood up and made for the door, two getting crushed in the door way, before untangling themselves. Outside officers where directing collonists into organised lines for maximum efficiency.

Kenda eyed the group pushing for exit, and wisely stood beside his seat, adjusting his backpack a bit. As the two cleared out, he walked forward and down the ramp, and getting into a line, glancing at the officers down the line as well as the groups around him, and the ship...oh well, at least the organization was admirable.

Miro sighed deeply as he exited onto the ramp, relieved to breath in some less-crowded oxygen. It, at least, cleared his head a bit, removing the slight dizzyness hyperspace travel often gave people. He was one of the last few people exiting the transport shuttle, and as he neared the bays airlock, he set down his bag to look for his transport to the nearest military station. Sure enough, one of the lines to Miro's right were occupied by uniform-clad Star Army recruits...a fairly short one, compared to the civilian mob he passed earlier.

Miro set his bag down again when he reached the line. It wasn't moving very fast...from what Miro caught as he peered up the line, the officers were checking identity and clearance before allowing people through the tram gates. Miro checked to make sure his rank pin was still in its place, and continued to stand patiently for his turn.

The security quickly glanced at her identity and asignment forms, checked it with a electric checkboard, and gave the all clear.

"You can go to your room. Your asignment will be awaiting you there. Your room is Scraper 1 Floor 19 Room 1." He turned to the next person.

Kenda gave a nod to the man, and replaced his id's within his bags, and reshuffled them for constant walking instead of step by step in a line. Soon he was off, navigating the massive ship with the help of various maps, until he finally arrived at the block the man had mentioned, the numbers etched into his mind.

He hmm'd for a moment outside the door, and gave a polite knock with a reshuffling of his gear for better weight distribution, hoping to not stand for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back