• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Troop Helmet

Good questions. I'm thinking it's carbon nanotubes and 1.5kg (3.3lbs). Article updated with the above.

I like it, nice work Wes.

I guess I should have checked this sooner...but maybe it's not too late?

Two things, a question and a note:

The article says that the helmet recycles the user's breath or filters the outside air. Does this mean that the helmet has an air-tight seal around the neck or is connected to a bodysuit or armor of some sort? Otherwise, the recycling does little good.

The helmet is said to provide protection against the NSP. The pistol fires scalar waves, which I was under the impression that those weren't hindered by armor and just fried things regardless of what they were behind. I remember a description of scalar effects and interactions with matter on one of the old KFY ship weapon descriptions, but I don't remember where to find it.

Yes, it can form an airtight seal, and no, it doesn't protect against scalar rays of the NSP's stun function.

I think this fell out of usage due to lack of art. It may be possible to use some AI generated art to fix it up a bit.

Edit: Okay, my mistake, I guess it used the art of the older field uniform.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back