• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: Lorath Trying To Get By

SageShooter

🎨 Media Gallery
Inactive Member
RP Date
YE-40
RP Location
Gryzciki System, Lemo, Outskirts of a city in a wooded area.
All things considered, life wasn't bad now. They had a new place to settle down, decent government, jobs, and the ability to keep most of their way of life alive. For the Lorath that had remained behind there had been quite a few months of worry that they would be absorbed and forced to yet again abandon and forget their past, their way of life, yet they had endured and even started to thrive...

The Llamnel man relaxed back in a small chair just outside of his home, a burrow cut into the side of a mountain with a large door on the front of it though no windows to look outside. The door stood open letting the cool night air filter into the home where he could hear his children playing in the slight distance. Many of his fellow Llamnel were outside either returning from work for the night or simply enjoying the cool air much like he was. A few would walk past making a bit of small chat, checking in, talking about work or some rumor they had heard. The big news for the evening it seemed, had been some strange rumors from the south of the galaxy.

The Llamnel man pulled a drag from his pipe as the man and his mate before him tried their best to sound convincing.

"I swear to the Goddess, I saw a picture of her! She's alive!"

The Llamnel man chuckled a little and shook his head, exhaling the smoke through his nose for a moment before he spoke.

"The Xiaah has been dead for years. She was never recovered cause her ship was destroyed completely. There is no use in bringing up the dead, let the woman rest."

About to return a comment, the standing Llamnel man felt his mate put her hand on his arm as if trying to calm him.

"Dear, it's not something so easily believed. Even I have trouble myself." She admitted before she turned back to the sitting Llamnel.

"Ric'Ta, how are the little ones? Has Al'In'Te gotten over her fever." She asked, to which she got a rather happy nod from Ric'Ta.

"Indeed, Al'In'Te is feeling much better. The others were worried sick for her, but she pulled through just fine with some medicine and some rest. She's up and tackling the older ones as we speak probably." Ric'Ta chuckled before he let out a sigh.

"And you To'Tac? Heard anything from To'Tilin?" He asked the couple, to which they both shook their heads.

"Nothin... Nothin gets through." They admitted with a bit of a downtrodden look. Ric'Ta frowned a little, realizing a little to late the question he had asked. He let out a sigh but nodded as he chewed on the inside of his mouth for a moment.

"It was tough for everyone. I can't say I understand exactly how you feel. All my younglings are still to young to leave the nest, but I can feel for you." The two nodded as they clapped him on the shoulder and moved on. Ric'Ta watched the two move on before he stood and filtered back into his home. He could hear his younglings scampering around, the occasional thud and thump as one fell over, some growls here and there and even a yip as he rounded a corner just handful of yards from the opening to walk into the common area.

The abode was simple, and that was the point. The common area had everything they needed on a daily basis for the family to include the kitchen and eating area, the entertainment area, a small shrine to the Goddess and God, and doors that led off to bedrooms and bathrooms. There was a bedroom for the children, and one for he and his mate who he spotted in the kitchen, downing a drink of water from a glass. As she finished she would turn to her mate and smile before he saw a flash of mischief cross her eyes. The warning was to late as suddenly his knees were buckled, weight landed on his shoulders, and he was forced to the ground under a mass of several children.

"OOF! What are you doing!" Ric'Ta shouted aloud rather playfully as he struggled to get himself off his belly and onto his back. Numerous hands held him down and started to pinch him as he squirmed around playfully.

"Ok! Ok! Uncle Uncle! I surrender!" Ric'Ta gave the children the win, finally struggling over to his back as his middle of four children stood up on his chest and smirked down at him, hands on her hips triumphantly.

"As pack leader, I get first eat!" She said before she dove at his chest and began to play bite him. Ric'Ta could only laugh aloud as the other children followed, pl him along his arms and legs.

"Alright Al'In'Te', call off your pack. I think they had been fed enough." Came the motherly voice from behind as Ric'Ta's mate stood there with arms crossed and a smile on her face. Eventually Al'In'Te and the other children removed themselves, only to return to playing around and wrestling with one another now. Ric'Ta was helped to his feet by his mate before he pulled her into a hug, stealing a kiss.

"Ric! Not in front of the kids." She said coyly, batting his arm for a moment.

"Come now Ash'Lie, surely this isn't to bad?" Ric'Ta said with a grin as his hands roamed for a moment before a nice solid pinch found the top of his hand. He yelped and tugged his hand back before he rubbed the reddened spot.

"I need at least another year before I want another youngling. Give them some time dear." Ash said aloud with a sigh as she looked back to her children. Her mate simply pulled her into his lap as he sat down in a chair and rested his chin on her shoulder.

"I did somethin stupid again." Ric'Ta said suddenly to which his mate huffed.

"What this time?" Ash'Lie asked.

"I asked To'Tac and Lin'To'Tei how To'Tilin was." Ric admitted.

Ash'Lie just let out a drawn out sigh as she looked to her mate. "You are hopeless you know." She said to which he could only nod.

"I Just had a brainfart, you know? We were talking about the Xiaah, then Lin'To'Lei asked about Al'In'Te to see how she was feelin, and I asked about To'Tilin like a Berog." He admitted, though his mate seemed to roll her eyes a little.

"He still spouting on about her being alive?" Ash'Lie asked to which Ric'Ta nodded again.

"They been going on about it lately?" He asked.

"They showed me some grainy picture from some new colony or something to the south of where we used to live, claimed a friend who had made their way down there saw her at a distance. Long hair, tufted ears and those blue eyes and all. All I saw was a tall woman with wings. Could just be a Fyunnen that wandered off from somewhere." She told her mate who just shrugged.

"If they wanna believe, let them. Long as they aren't telling people to pack up and move south who cares?" Ric'Ta offered. She could only nod in agreement before she stood from his lap and turned to the children. She clapped her hands together which got their attention.

"Alright! Time for bed!" A chorus of groans and protests followed by a growl from the father got them to move. It was an hour later that they were tucked in bed, stories read, special blankets and dolls clutched tightly in hand that Ash'Lie and Ric'Ta shut the door to the youngling's room softly and made their way to the living room where they huffed down onto the couch. Ric'Ta turned on the tv, flipping channels as Ash'Lie just cuddled into her mate.

It was there that Ash'Lie would fall asleep which gave Ric'Ta a little time to think on their current situation. He couldn't help but think it wasn't too bad as he drifted off to sleep as well.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…