• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Two completely unrelated questions

Kevyn

Inactive Member
Two things that have recently popped into my head unbidden.

Question one: do intrusive surgeries, like for instance cybernetic implants, leave scars, do has medical technology advanced beyond that?

Question two: how many gas giants of Saturn size or above are there in Nepelisian controlled space?

They leave scars, sure...I don't think Nepleslia has progressed to the point where cutting someone open doesn't leave a gaping hole. However, those scars can be healed to the point where they aren't noticeable. I figure we've progressed that far, since we mess with genetics on a daily basis nowadays.

And...really, we haven't laid out all of our systems planet-wise yet, so your guess is as good as mine as to how many Saturn-size gas giants we have. If you have a suggestion for systems and planets, though, I'd be glad to hear them and consider adding them to the systems' wiki page.

Hmm... modern medical science is getting pretty close to figuring out how to inhibit the formation of scar tissue (to assist with just such issues as post-surgery scarring). I'd be surprised if they haven't figured it out by now in Nepleslia...

MissingNo said:
I recall reading that Nepleslians take pride in their scars anyway, so it isn't much of a big deal for them.

This is true. While we have the ability to mend and heal scars, some individuals pride them. We're that macho.

Question one: do intrusive surgeries, like for instance cybernetic implants, leave scars, do has medical technology advanced beyond that?
Yes, on humans (including Nepleslians), but it is possible to heal them.

Question two: how many gas giants of Saturn size or above are there in Nepelisian controlled space?
I'm not sure, but there's bound to be at least 5. The pages on each star system should have that (I say should, but some might not be detailed enough).

RPG-D RPGfix
Back