• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Type 34 Armored General Purpose Carrier

CadetNewb

Submission Type: Wheeled Ground Vehicle (And Family)
Submission URLs:
Type 34 Armored General Purpose Carrier
Type 34 Infantry Combat Vehicle
Type 34 Mobile Anti-Armor Cannon
Type 34 Self Propelled Anti-Aircraft Gun

Faction: Yamatai
FM Approval: No
Faction Art Requirement: Yes

For Reviewers:
Unapproved Sub-Articles: Yes
New Art: Yes
Previously Submitted: No

Notes:

This vehicle, and its variants, are intended for an upcoming plot. I have approval from Origin's FM, Kai, but not from Wes in regards to these vehicles, since they're ultimately bound for Yamataian use. During the production of these vehicles, I remained well aware that the FM of Yamatai requested hover vehicles, but the GM wished for more traditional and 'gritty' things.

Hopefully, and provided these are well received by the players, I'll take a crack at making a hover conversion in the future - if the DeLorian could have one done, I'm sure these can too.

Simulation Room

Review in Progress will be completed by 12/28. Giving time for others to comment.

Wes same situation with this one in terms of FM approval?

I believe it is safe to assume that these are in the very same situation as the Type 34 MBT, so the other thread should be monitored for FM approval. Meanwhile, are there any concerns with the articles themselves while we wait for the FM's word?

How would these fit into the SAoY? Why would these be used over shuttlecraft or the existing APC? The Yusou Grav APC is a fairly new design already in use with the Legions that can be dropped from orbit.

If I may, Wes, you wanted to put 'army' back into Star Army. Also, your present ground vehicle lineup is small and generally unattractive from the footsoldier perspective.

These look like rugged, convincing ground vehicle designs to add to this. Perhaps they would not end up being of much use on Star Army ships, but the YSE has many planets whom likely cobble up purely ground vehicles that are never expected to leave the planet except via freighter.

If you don't want them I'm sure the Nepleslians will be very happy to get them. As I recall, Origin wants a foot in the Nepleslian market too; this could be it. Your loss, thier gain.

Perhaps they would be suited for the Legions.

Well, there's several battlefield roles that I felt were left unfilled by the current equipment lineup, or were inadequately filled.

This is only my opinion, but it seemed that the current best tank the SAoY has, the Troll, doesn't offer enough firepower to adequately support Power Armor troops, so the Type 34 tank was made. The variants of the GPC were all created to fill specific roles left unfilled too. The Mobile Gun to replace the current car towed artillery in the SAoY's inventory, as well as to act as a fast moving tank destroyer for any M18 Hellcat fans. The SPAAG for anti-air purposes if there's no orbital or fighter support around. And the ICV version for moving supplies, ammunition and the ammunition hungry PA themselves should they feel like not flying everywhere and just want to sit.

Let's face it, even though they can fly, sometimes, they just want to clamber into an armored shell and sit after watching some of the most hardcore shit hit the fan, right? That's what it's there for.

Now, as for the Yusou, I've been very well aware of it since the very beginning of the Type 34 Armored GPC development. There are plans for the two to interact in roleplay in very interesting ways to entertain the players, and I've been eagerly waiting for the plot to get started for this too.

I'm not trying to shove any new, unrequested equipment onto Yamatai - that's why this will be a 5th Fleet exclusive trial production run only. And the hover versions will only arrive if the players like what they see so far too, because they're the ones that this is meant to ultimately cater to. I'm repeating myself but I can't stress it enough; for the time being, it's meant to be just for 5th Fleet to test out, but if it goes well with the players and any other onlookers, hover versions will be made which can be adopted more widely.

Just as you say Nash, the Legions are most likely to use the finalized, finished version, and any dedicated ground invasion forces in the SAoY that plan to recapture cities block by block would likely enjoy the supporting firepower they provide for Power Armor troops too.

I'm trying to better fill out the equipment present to allow for "Combined Arms" to take effect.

FM approved.

I just noticed the textual description of their appearance is missing. Please add it, CadetNewb.

Right now I'm just updating the articles here, though I point out I forgot to post here that I already fixed the text appearance bit.
  • Updated DR of the 25mm autocannons to Tier 5-6
  • Updated DR of the 42mm airbust grenades to Tier 2-3
  • Updated the O-APC to DRv3
  • Updated the O-AFV to DRv3
  • Updated the Portable Mini-Missile Launcher to DRv3; large jump due to new mini-missile balance
  • Updated the Auto-Mortar to DRv3
Still working on the rest.

I think this is the rest;
  • Updated DR of the 125mm Cannon to Tier 9
  • Updated the OMGS to DRv3
  • Updated the MAAS to DRv3

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…