Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Approved Submission U-1 Gunpod Accessories

Zack

Inactive Member
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
What are the dimensions and weight of each of these?

I was really hoping to avoid that. Raz did the art which means he has the Doga model so I can't use my Doga measuring stick to tell you exactly what size these are.

From guesstimation: The ammo magazine is just under 5 feet tall. Maybe 4 foot 10 or 4-8?

Its a little less than 4 times thick as it is tall. So maybe about a foot and a half wide.

The magazine holder is about 20 feet long and maybe 5 feet wide.

Weight wise my guessing would be even worse but 'too heavy to carry' is certainly the fully loaded weight for both.

Raz did the art which means he has the Doga model so I can't use my Doga measuring stick to tell you exactly what size these are.
I think you mean Rizzo. Because I did not.

Well, I was hoping to conclusively answer the question of "Can it physically hold all the ammo it's supposed to?"

Yes!

I do have the model for that particular magazine and I did my best to match what I think the size is on Rizzo's art.

The magazine internally is kinda a duplex style ammo magazine holding four stacks of 16 rounds in 2x2 configuration. 2 more rounds kinda fit in at the top and you can see some smoke rounds slightly exposed in the artwork.

Edit: Yes, sorry, I meant Rizzo.

Well, do your best to estimate the dimensions and mass stats and add those.

I already added in the dimensions I gave above. I was hoping to avoid estimating weight but I'll do a best guess and put it up there.

Ok, looks like 81mm mortar rounds are about 10 pounds each so I'm using that to estimate the weight of each round. That means the ammo itself weighs 660 pounds. I'm just going to round up to 700 for the total weight assuming the carrying case weighs 40 pounds... which might be a bit on the heavy side but that's ok.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back