• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Ultimate-Vision

Sypher

Inactive Member
The three friends could now call themselves a company. They has a sponser, a good one at that, and they had great ideas for the beginning of Ultimate-Vision. They had had a wild night, as they had celebrated there contract with Emrys and where just beginning a new day, and jotting down ideas.

"Right first things first." Max was sitting in his armchair, lying back looking at the ceiling, he was saying ideas out loud, while Jonathan and Sally wrote down things quickly in note form. "I think we need to get a building, theatre. Yeah, that's it. A theatre. Then we can do the compertition." Max was happy with himself for the idea. "We also have to create a television station. I think Jonathan you should cover the television station and Sally, the theatre." Sally looked up from the piece of paper she was scribbling on. "What are you going to do?" She liked the idea, though they had though about it before already. "Well I'm going to be in contact with the Emryus family, I'm the business man of us all." Jonathan nodded, he knew how to talk to people.

Sally agreed. She had had some ideas. "I was thinking, you know that huge colony ship, the Destiny, I think it was. I think we should get a theatre on there. That is one of the best areas and there are loads of people on there." Max and Jonathan looked at her. "That's a really good idea, you know I was just about to say the same thing." Max laughed. "Right we have 500,000. What can we do with that. Can we buy a place with that?" Jonathan thought about the possibility's of this. "I'm not sure, I don't think it is enough, everything cost so much these days. I think to get these things started though we are going to have to get money coming in first. The compertition must come first." Sally suddenly had an idea. "Could be just build a place, it would cost less than buying a place and then re-building it." Max nodded. "Yeah that's an idea. it would definatly cost less."

They sat there for a few minutes, Jonathan had got back to his ideas on the televison channel, and Sally was still thinking about building a place. Max had started to think about how many bottles of champagne they could buy with 500,000 Ks, Max jumped back to his senses. "Well, I think I'm going to have a look round for this empty space where we can build." He stood up quickly amd picked up his coat, with one move he was out side the door with a "Be back in a bit." Sally and Jonathan didn't even look up, they didn't expect him to go and have a look round.

Max walked down the road, wondering where he would find a big space for a building to be put in. "Where where where." Max stumbeled over a rock and fell down the kerb, he rolled to a stop, and stood up slowly, brushing of the dirty that was now on his coat. "Dam it. Ah ha." Max looked up, there in front of him was a big open space, perfect for the type of building they where looking to build "That's the place. I hope they let us build there." Max spun on the spot and ran up where he had just fallen.

He burst throught the door. "I've....found it." He said with difficulty. "I'm so unfit." He though. He then proceeded to show them what he had found. They returend all bright eyed and smiling. "Right, who do we have to speak to about getting the place? How much will it be? Will they let us buy it?" Sally finished of. "Enough questions Sal?" Max intergected. "Sorry."

Max, Sally and Jonathan had been very busy for a month now. They had hardly slept at all, they had been in meetings constantly. It was now the opening day of their theatre, after two hard weeks, they had finally got what they wanted and Sally thought it was beautiful. They had given it a name, but not released it yet, as they wanted to open it with the theatre. It was four story's high, and each floor was very big. The whole thing had cost 400,000 Ks. They had been very happy with the final design and price. It was white on the outside, as everything was in Kyoto. it was four story's high. The inside of the theatre was big, with four rehearsal room and an extremely grand theatre. The theatre can hold 10,000 people, this is one of the biggest theatre's every built.

It was still quite early in the morning, and they where meant to be opening the theatre in eight hours. They had hoped lot's of people would turn up, as they had bought drinks and food for the guests. They had planned everything to perfection and had already though about what would happen at the competition. They had been scheduled to meet Seru at mid-day, an hour, which was an hour away.

"Sally are you ready?" Jonathan called. " Max was sitting by the door having a little sleep. "Wake up Max." Jonathan called, he had been ready for two hours now, while Max and Sally had been very slow to get up and get dressed. "I'm not asleep, I'm just resting my eyes." Max proclaimed, still with his eyes shut. "Coming?" Sally called out. She fell down half the stair and bounced down the rest of the stair on her bottom. "Ok, now I'm ready," She said while rubbing her bottom. "Let's leave, NOW!" Jonathan shouted, he was getting really annoyed with the two of them.

They stepped out of the door, and walked for five minutes to the theatre. They where meant to meet Seru there, but they had a few things to do before he arrived.

The Jilanth Seru was riding into dived into the atmosphere and stationed itself immediatly above the theartre, albiet few kilometres up.

Seru opened the bay doors, and jumped out, free falling downwards, his tie flapping wildly. This was exilerating, falling through the air and seeing the ground becoming larger and larger in his minds eye. With a casual thought he converted his dark suit into a white one, began slowing his desent. This was partially because he wanted to see the world from up here, floating using his own power, and partially because he didn't want to die.

When he was a hundred metres from the ground he surounded hismelf in a aura of brilliant light, and stretched out his arms, floating gracefully down, his face an expression of messianic splendor.

His feet touched the ground and he strode majesticly towards the three people assembeled to meet him. Around him the air was feeled with radiance, and the sound of birds and a very quiet choir was in the background. Seru loved to make a big entrance to this sort of do.

"Good morning. I am Seru Emrys, I believe you where expecting me." He smiled in a paternal way, the combination of his good looks and the radiant aura making him looking almost like a god on earth. Or Yamatai.

Max stepped forward with his hand outstreched. The few things that they had had to do where easily done, and they had completed the tasks with little trouble. "It is a honour to meet you Sir. After all this time." Jonathan and Sally where right behind him. "It's an honour Sir. " They both said at the same time. Bowing a little bit.

Jonthan now stepped forwards. "To start with, I thought we could go and have a look round. There is much to see." They had all expected somebody male to come. However the had not know the exact details. He was a good looking man, who knew he had power, almost like a God. The three friends where slightly shocked with his entrance, but though it a fitting one.

Seru bowed very slightly "There is so much to see, every star has its own story, every object a hundred different ways to look at it. There is no possibility of seeing it all. For after a single moment it will never be the same again. Never in the same state. Indeed, there is much to see." He shook his head, his eyes sparkling and a wide, freindly smile, "Lead the way." He floated a few centimetres above the ground, his aura dimminished, but not gone.

Jonathan turned round on the spot and headed for the doorway. The whle tour took them an hour and a half. They had seen every inch of the place, Sally had even commented that she hadn't seen one of the sections they went to. That is how big the place was. Their final finishing point was in the resturant/bar. They had a few drinks waiting for them at a table. Max lead the way and sat down, picking up his glass and slipping a little bit of the cold drink, which he recognised to be orange juice.

"What are your first thought's then?" Max asked as he pulled the glass away from his lips. He had really enjoyed walking around the place. It had been amazing. Sally pulled the glass to her lips. She was very happy with what they had done in such a small amount of time.

Seru picked up his glass with telekinesis, and floated it to his waiting hand, before taking a sip.

"My first thoughts? I suppose it was, oh look there is a big building. Followed by, I do love marble, and a quick analysis of the beauty of Dorian and Ionic architecture. However as an overall I am suitably impressed; it would have taken me quite some effort to design a better theartre. You have started well, and used that meager budget wisely." Seru sat back in his chair, and smiled charmingly at them, his aura still present. He'd gotten quite attached to the aura.

"Thank you very muich." They all piped up at the same time. A big grin appeared on Jonathan's face, and the same on Max's. Sally desided that now was the right time to tell Seru the name of the theatre. "After long thought, we have desided what this amazing theatre should be called. We have named it "Ithopoios". There are several reasons for this. We hope you like it." Sally looked at Seru. She was the one who had thought up the name, and didn't want it to be shot down in flames. Both Max and Jonathan looked at Seru, the only break in their gaze was when Max took a sip of his drink.

"Actor. Impressive, few people understand greek. My compliments." Seru raised his glass in a toast, "It is a most suitable name, and certainly isn't phoneticly ugly. Yes, I think that will be most acceptable." He paused and looked into his cup for a few moments, "Would I be too bold if I asked what your plans are now?" He said, his voice retaining its charming and powefull tone.

Sally beamed, this had made her day. "Well, we have got the opening in....now, four hours. We will show people around and give them drinks after, then there will be a short speech by us, to explain what we are planning to do with this theatre. After that we are planning to hold a competition here. This will firstly introduce people to Ultimate-Vision, and make people aware of what we are trying to do. The competition will take place here, and only here. It will be take about a year to happen, the reason for this is because we want to hold competitions for different sides of acting. These will be: Film actors, Stage actors, Soap Actors, News broadcasters, Presenters for different programs......."

The list went on, to build a an entire channel they would have to have a lot of programs, this is what they had planned to perfection. With all of these competitions they would be able to get the channel up and running, the people who win the competitions will be in these programs.

This whole explanation took the three of them another half an hour. They where so exited that they told him all of their plans, and didn't hold back. "The last thing," Max said "Is that we need you to give us more money. There is a lot of things that will need to be paid for, and we don't have much left from that 500,000 Ks. We can however discuss this after." Max smiled. "So what do you think of our overall plans?" Jonathan questioned.

Seru sighed in his head, it always came down to money. On the surface nothing changed, he was still smiling gently and sipping on his drink.

"My one slight problem is what you are going to do for the first year, desides arrange this competion. Nothing? Or are you going to get started on something."

Seru had ideas, but he was hardly going to tell them if they didn't ask.

Max felt stupid for talking about the money at this early stage, but carried on with what he had to say, "We mainly want to focus on the competition, but we had an idea to put on a three person play, one that we wrote, and that we would perform. There was also the fact that we want to get the television channel going, and make an advert for the competition." Max picked up his glass as he finished, he still felt really stupid.

"Do you have any ideas? You are an important part of our team, and we want you to be able to tell us what you think, and tell us your ideas." Jonathan interjected.

Sally was enjoying the drink, but then came back in to the conversation, and concentrated again. "Yes please, tell us." She didn't quite know why she had said anything, but tried to keep her face neutral as to not show her fault.

"If you insist." Seru raised his eyebrow, "The competition is a very good idea for getting talent, however it means that you will be making little progress in the year it goes on. Of course it will spread your name massively, however you also have to remember that not everyone with talent will compete. They have pride and may not want to demean themselves competing against effectively normal people. The truely talanted may not come."

"Besides this, you need something to put your foot in the actual buisness, not just gain public opinion and support. I advise advertising certainly, you don't need a competition for that, just an interview, as well as radio. However, why would you listen to me?" Seru lent back and put his arms behind his head. "Is it more important to have a dream in your head, or gold in your pocket?"

They all listened to Seru's words of wisdom. Sally nodded her head dramatically. Max just looked at Seru, he was listening but not totally. Jonathan was itching to say something, and couldn't wait to tell Seru the good new. "I agree with all you have said sir," Jonathan piped up, "I would also however like to tell you that we have bought a television channel, at the moment when you turn on the screen it just says, "New Ultimate-Vision, television of the future" but soon we will put the advert for the competition on, we have written what we are going to do for that already, and we will be acting in it. The channel in question is number 24. We are hoping to get to number 1 soon though." Jonathan beamed, he was happy with this as he was the one who had done all the work for the television program, this had been his task.

Sally pulled out of the nodding, "We also would like to make an advert for Emrys. What do you think?" Sally smiled she thought that this was an exhalant idea.

Their meeting with Seru had gone well, they where all very happy. However they where now more concerned about the opening of Ithopoios. They had half and hour to get there, and they where only half dressed. Max was down stairs choosing his trousers. "Jonathan, should I wear the blie, or black trousers?" Jonathan screamed in anger. "Max it doesn't matter, choose one, we have to go."

Once again Jonathan was ready, like this morning. Sally was having trouble with here hat, it wouldn't stay on her head. "Jonathan do you think I should wear a hat?" With out even looking Jonathan replied. "No darling, you look great without one." They finally got to the front door, and where all ready to leave. "Ready?" Jonathan asked. "No wait I.....joking." Max replied. "That wasn't funny."

It took them minutes to get to the theatre. To their surprise there where a lot of people, they all stood at the foot of the stairs leading up to the front doors. They where chatting to each other happily, there where even kids and the front of the group. The three friends smiled happily, this was their dream and now it had come true.

They marched to the front of the group and up the stairs. They stood there silently for a few seconds, and the group went quite straight away. Max started. "Welcome! We are so glad you all came, I'm Max Grinde..." The speeches lasted all together twenty minuets, but it was very light hearted. They had released the name of the theatre, of which people had clapped to, they had also in small detail discussed the competition. On opening the doors they had walked through and welcomed each guest, passing them over to the guides that they had employed for that night.

The entrance hall was empty, they had split the bug group in to smaller groups, and they where now walking around the massive theatre. The three friends where sitting at the bar on the chairs, all drinking lemonade. They where all beaming but no one was speaking, the only noise was of the barman cleaning the glasses and of a distant screaming from a group of kids playing in one of the rehearsal rooms. They where all thinking about the path ahead, what would it lead to?

After some time one of the groups had completed their tour. A mixture of reactions could be seen on all of them before splitting up and entering into discussions amongst themselves. One individual broke away and began walking up to the three, eager to steal their attention before some of the others who were half sold made up their minds.

"Hello there, name's Stephen Vaughn. I'm glad I can get this chance to talk with you three first before the rest got back." he said, giving them all a huge smile while handing out a business card to each of them. The card read as follows:

Chaos Blitz Sports

Stephen Vaughn, Head Coordinator

"I'd like to let you all know that I'm interested in bringing to you the new sport that's gonna take the entire galaxy by storm. I represent the coordination efforts of several others as we plan on making Chaos Blitz the number one sport ever." Stephen said excitedly. He then brought out several brochures and a data disk, each bearing the Chaos Blitz logo the same as his card. Maintaining his momentum Stephen continued. "Now I know you're gonna hear plenty of good pitches but this one's a doozy. About six months ago we were just starting out, establishing local teams, revising the rules, generating some interest and I think you'll be as pleased with the results as we've been." He said before handing out the brochures. He then pulled out a mini-computer from his jacket pocket and popped in the disk. Displaying it to all of them he then hit the 'play' key.

The Chaos Blitz logo appears before changing to a scene of a man wearing a numbered jersey, helmet, heavy shoulder pads, and a rifle. The camera then swings behind him to reveal the zero-g game field where several other team members are holding a fire fight with an opposing team. There are obstacles in his flight path and he soars around them narrowly avoiding fire from his opponents. He then ducks behind a large object, takes aim, and fires, hitting one of his opponents. The other man immediately slumps over, unconcious. Using this break in their defenses the other team rallies and breaks through. One of the bolts shoots toward the screen and everything goes white. The scene is replaced by the logo for Chaos Blitz. It bursts into flames and the words 'Get into the action!' appear across the screen.

The short demo ends and Stephen looks at them all grinning. "Well, what do you think?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: I know business cards are suppose to have more info. Plus I wanted to add a snazzy logo but I'm no good with designs. Any offers?

Max was the first to look up at the man approaching them, then Jonathan and finally Sandra after a quick prod in the side by Max. "Hello." Max was the first to respond. "Nice to meet you. I'm Max Grinde." Max replied. "Jonathan Lime." Max pointed out. "Sandra." She piped up quickly before Max could.

The three of them watched the short demo and took the cards. They looked very impressive. The three friends all felt amazed to hear someone talk to them about the business and that they wanted their help. "Well I think it all looks very good. Looks like a fun sport, but how can we be of service. What do you have in mind." While Jonathan was speaking, Max was nodding mostly and Sandra was just looking at the man, she though he looked quite handsome. "Do you want us to film it? Put it on to our new channel? Present it?" Jonathan was throwing all the options at him.

It was a great sport, by the looks of it, and Jonathan wanted to get involved with something like this. This could be a great opportunity for them. Max was thinking about the man ducking and diving and then shooting the other man, he had always wanted to do something like this. Sandra didn't like the looks of the sport, to violent for her. However she could see that this sport would attract a lot of attention and would be greatly like. "It looks great, would love to get involved." Sandra suddenly blurted out. Then smiled with and embarrassed grin.

Stephen grinned, happy they were pleased with the sport. He pulled out a digital notepad and began to look over a few notes. "We have a few 'preseason' matches already filmed. The camera work was done with a smaller studio we hired for a few spots. They also did the work for the demonstration you just saw. However I was hoping your network would be more capable of handling the presentation as well as the filming. Can your network also handle showing live broadcasts? We'd love to have our athletes battle it out in real time for the crowds." he said eagerly.

"It would require an extensive amount of camera work though. We need a large array along with a good program suite to ensure we get great coverage of the field!" Stephen then showed them a small holographic display of the field with design measurements set to scale to better grasp an idea for how large the field was established. "It's quite a task. I've checked the fields myself taking measurements and trying to decide where would be the best places for the audience both live and at home to watch from. But if you're willing we can definately work it out."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back