• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Unban Scribbles?

Should Scribbles be unbanned?

• Immediately

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In Two Weeks

• Never

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Scribbles was banned for failure to listen to the GM (In regards to stopping OOC spam in a JP session).

Poor bastard was just riled up. I didn't help; he talked to me before hand to try and educate me on how the Lorath were feeling, and I wasn't sympathetic.

He was aggrivated at the current state Fred was treating the Lorath, which, by the way Fred made his OOC proclimation to tiff, and the way his characters treated them IC, was very shitty.

I was acting the exact same, and I'm still here.

Aside from his OoC behavior this one time... Scribbles is generally a well behaved and active participant on the boards. If you look around, most of his posts are meant to promote the justification of tech or to help organise JPs. I thought he had a very positive influence on the board and I think we should therefore forgive that outburst - it was the exception, not the norm.

I have to agree, sometimes everyone gets riled up and snaps out things they don't think about first. I should know I'm the main person who does it, I've gone nutty in frustration and all before and I've been temp banned at least 3 times now and I'm still here. I say we should allow Scribbles back, he's been more of a positive influence than a negative one.

Everyone else's got a second chance, in some cases two or three. While I wasn't there I can sympathize, and I might not know everything but I'm going to vote unban. I'm not sure yet whether I want to vote two weeks or immediately. I know people like Chris and I have been banned for two weeks for similar outbursts. But I think that, while neither of us were banned for a very good reason, this takes the cake for the most idiotic reason yet.

No offense Wes, I'm just going on the information I have, which is only that in this post. It's foolish to ban someone for "OOC spamming" or "not listening to the GM." I've made clear my opinion on GMs before, of course, so I'm not going to bother with restating it. If you just mean the administrator of the site, then ok, but if anything, he should have been ignored for the rest of the JP. Banning is too extreme. I think I'll hold off on voting until I can make a more educated decision but it just seems like you're power-mongering.

From my point of view, Scribbles did indeed act out a bit, but he does deserve another chance. He is usualy quite well mannered, and he does not have much of a history of being a trouble maker.

This pool has been going for the past four days and 'unban immediately' is obviously in the lead with 8 votes out of 12.

Since it says 'immediately', might it not be the time to implement it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back