• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Underseas Bases?

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
After reading this article on the US Navy's Secret Undersea Lair concept, I'm really wondering if there is something like this really out there in the oceans! It seems like one of the few places that could survive a global disaster like a major asteroid strike.

Also, what about in SARP? Do you think Yamatai and other factions have, or should have undersea bases?

The only use I could see for them for Yamatai and most other major players would be research facilities, training bases for actual wet navies.

Neshaten have these as well, most are undersea research facilities but some are military and even a few aren't even military but actual civilian cities that serve as theme parks and other recreational areas.

The capital alone has eight underseas military bases that serve as launching platforms for starships in the event of an emergency and these bases are mained at all times with a squadron of ships and fighters all at the ready.

Underwater Bases provide some ideal protections against energy based weaponry. The abundance of sea life, enormous depths, silt, salt water and the like can obscure some sensor technologies and help mask them from orbiting ships if they're not actively searching for them. It would however provide some difficulty for said base to launch any sort of ocean to air/orbit counter-offensive though.

Soresu said:
Underwater Bases provide some ideal protections against energy based weaponry. The abundance of sea life, enormous depths, silt, salt water and the like can obscure some sensor technologies and help mask them from orbiting ships if they're not actively searching for them. It would however provide some difficulty for said base to launch any sort of ocean to air/orbit counter-offensive though.

Perhaps unmanned platforms running at shallow depths with missile armaments?

From a recent JP that's in progress between Me, Sigma and Deathevn.
"Submarines. Hm, clever way of keeping yourself secret. I've heard rumours of underwater bases on planets like Albini or Nyli II," It was ironic that space was so easily conquered, but the oceans remained a mystery to all who peered into its depths. She finished her cup of coffee and stood up to get another pot, turning the pot's percolators on. "But they all sound like something out of of a Phoenix Man! comic book."

Chelti are scared of oceans, most of their undersea bases would resemble something out Anno 2770, with a large floating base at the top and a largely automated facility below.

In cheltiwah oceans, there be monsters.

Let it be known that chelti are extremely unlikely to trespass on Azorea.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back