• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

[UOC] - My-V1-1a Shuriken Drone/Fighter

It could really use an "About" paragraph or two and some artwork (DOGA?).

Expanded the About to give a bit more information and moved the details down in the page.

Okay, images added.

The whole article is still very barebones and the art looks more like a personal shuttle than a fighter.

Combined Field System/Continuum Distortion Drive: Ripple CDD17,500c
I also think this is way to fast for a tiny fighter. Star Army fighters don't even go a third of this speed!

Eh, I'm not one to comment on article quality but the art looked fine to me. It looks like a one man fighter to me. Could it be used as a transport(the art)? Yea, if you scaled it up a little sure, but as is it works for a fighter imo. Besides art isnt required for submissions is it? Eh oh well. Nashoba he you can get me that DOGA file sometime i could try to add some color and smooth it out a little or something.

Mizun,

Actually the image has been changed before you got to it. I'm reworking the Shuriken into just a single occupant vehicle/drone.

We can see later on if it gets approved about adding some "squadron" color images.

Nashoba.

Okay Updated page to reduce speed to a lower range, even though the value was valid according to the Ripple CDD specs.

Also expanded some of the details, and made the systems more of a cobbled together, which fits the UOC at present. Couldn't see putting a MIKO in something this small so they put an AI from the MANTIS, etc.

The damage section seems incorrect. I suggest giving it 12 SP (20 base SP x 0.6 for light armor).

The Shuriken is a compact craft, built for one purpose.
...which is...? :P

Since it is primarily meant for operation in space, the designers did not worry about streamlining the surfaces.
This is a little silly looking because the craft looks streamlined.

The pilot sits in an acceleration couch. A UMC-Survival Kit is fitted behind the pilot's seat.
Maybe there should be an "interior" section in the article. Most power armor and fighter articles on StarWiki have one, I believe.

The Shuriken is built using the Shouri FSS Armor Series Type 2A Construct.
Can you add a link to that?

The cannons can fire either in front or behind the Shuriken. But not at the same time.
Sentence fragment. Detected.

What's that? Also, where are the sensors located in/on the fighter?

Wes said:
The Shuriken is a compact craft, built for one purpose.
...which is...? :P

Removed. :lol:

Since it is primarily meant for operation in space, the designers did not worry about streamlining the surfaces.
This is a little silly looking because the craft looks streamlined.

Removed.

The pilot sits in an acceleration couch. A UMC-Survival Kit is fitted behind the pilot's seat.
Maybe there should be an "interior" section in the article. Most power armor and fighter articles on StarWiki have one, I believe.

An interior section has been added.

The Shuriken is built using the Shouri FSS Armor Series Type 2A Construct.
Can you add a link to that?

Added a link, but it is pretty much redundant, because the text describes the contructions. :P

The cannons can fire either in front or behind the Shuriken. But not at the same time.
Sentence fragment. Detected.

Reworded.

What's that? Also, where are the sensors located in/on the fighter?

Did not want to repeat all the information from the Mantis system which is why I had a link to the mantis, but I have added the details from it to the page. Also avionics location is now specified in the interior details section.

== Gravitic Distortion sensor ==
A rather more difficult to use, the Gravitic Distortion sensor is capable of noticing the warping of space time due to mass, and both tell how large the mass is (roughly) and the location. This is rather difficult to use for the Mantus because it is designed for use on a planet – one of the largest gravity wells there is. However within five hundred meters it is capable of noting any object the weight of a man or above – beyond this range it can only distinguish ever increasingly large things. The sensor is capable of detecting several forms of cloaked vessels which can find it hard to disguise their mass perfectly. In space it is more useful and significantly more capable of detecting an object (even dampening systems will create a noticeable disturbance) and the range increases to twenty kilometres for an object with the weight of a man or above.
This seems way too accurate to me. The use of mass sensors, accurate or not, on planets is unprecedented and, in my opinion, unwanted.

The rest of the article is now fine with me.

Removed the Gravitic Distortion sensor,

Hey I didn't create it, its part of the existing Mantis sensor package.

Nashoba

Submission approved.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back