• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

[UOC] Phoenix Shuttlecraft

mizunoyoroko

Inactive Member
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=us ... oc_phoenix

This is up for approval. Note that the drop pods are still a work in progress. Since this one is done I might as well put it up for submission, then the pods when they are done. Also, this vessel is kinda both military and not military, therefore I don't know if I need to submit a civilian ship with it. It is designed with a more civilian purpose in mind but like any ship can be used in a military application.

Here are a few things I've noted while reading this.

Missing a date entered service notation.

Missing a standard product nomenclature: Mo-T1-1a ? Not sure if MFY has other shuttles.

This shuttle is 30' or 9.14 meters high. And it is all one deck? Most ships have a deck height of 4 meters so it should be at least two decks.

What is the interior configuration? Is there a cockpit? How many stations?

How do the VCDP attach to the Phoenix? There is nothing in this article that covers how the shuttle holds them in place.

Nashoba.

Missing a date entered service notation.
Well, it hasn't quite been approved yet

Missing a standard product nomenclature: Mo-T1-1a ? Not sure if MFY has other shuttles.
It does kinda...it only has the Jilanth which is a NovaCorp product. I'll add in the nomenclature.

This shuttle is 30' or 9.14 meters high. And it is all one deck? Most ships have a deck height of 4 meters so it should be at least two decks.
Nope, but I will explain why it is only 1 deck. The amount of space available to the shuttle cabin is 10' (roughly 3 meters). This is because the shuttle is basically a small cabin attached to rather large engines and clamping devices to hold the drop pods. While the shield is running the extra engine power wouldn't normally be necessary this changes drastically when the shields drop to release the pods. Suddenly the normally aerodynamic form of the drop ship becomes a flat-faced flying brick. This is actually used to assist the top pods, and even the bottom pods to a certain extent, in their drop sequence by pushing them away from the ship due to wind resistance (depending on speed). I've added a section in the wiki detailing this, though the cabin dimensions were listed in the dimensions section already.

What is the interior configuration? Is there a cockpit? How many stations?
Added a section detailing this as well.

How do the VCDP attach to the Phoenix? There is nothing in this article that covers how the shuttle holds them in place.
Fixed

You need to add something like this example from the Kuma, its a requirement

A general topic sentence under the title header

Example said:
The Kuma T8 Series shuttle was developed as a replacement for the Fox T4 Combat Aeroshuttle series. It became available in YE 31.

Okay, there is an issue with the shield section, You have four shields, and three of them have different Thresholds.

■Shield 1: 2SP Threshold (2)
■Shield 2: 6SP Threshold (4)
■Shield 3: 6SP Threshold (4)
■Shield 4: 6SP Threshold (4)

I do not see an entry for Life Support, suggest Hisui Dynamics Environmental System

All fixed except the shields. The phoenix is a shuttlecraft which makes it a class 4 ship on the Armor Damage Scale. This means it has Threshold 4 on all of its shields. The first shield however has only threshold 2 because it has only 2 SP. A shield can only block as much damage as it has SP for regardless of its threshold. Since in this case the total SP for that shield is lower than the threshold I just reduced the threshold to match to avoid confusion.

- Needs metric measurements
- Regenerative shield article has old DR values - it needs to be updated and resubmitted for approval
- Multiple shield thresholds are not permitted
- Damage Capacity should be in the "About" section as per standard template for starships and spacecraft.

- Added in metric measurements

- Previously approved tech doesn't need to be resubmitted for approval. Though it does need to be updated for current shield values. Regardless I have removed RSS tech from the craft and someone else can handle that.

- Removed multiple shield systems from the craft as Admin has made it very clear that conformity rather than innovation is what is desired.

- I put Damage Threshold at the bottom since it is an OOC concept. It is clearly labeled and in the table of contents.

Submission denied due to author's attitude problem.

Stop being a baby because I wouldn't let you cheat the DR system.

The author is gone, and I would like to hope that this submission is still viable. Work was put into it, and I would be a bit saddened that it'd go to waste.

Thread moved back to NTSE and is eligible for approval again.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…