• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

[UOC] Tantou-Class Gunboat

First impressions: The "About" header has no text under it (also are the following sections supposed to be under it instead of even with it?).

You almost max the speed standard in all areas but the engines look pretty tiny and don't face rearward but off and at angles. The overall design is very simplistic and box-like, and kind of gives that "small bunch of DOGA parts" instead of "finished starship" feeling. I know this design (visually) is pretty old. I was wondering if you could revamp it. Another matter would be getting it to look like other UOC-built starships on the outside. Aren't most UOC ships purple and stained looking?

This is a small ship (45m)!

Primary 6 (Threshold 2)
Secondary 4 (Threshold 2)
Multiple thresholds aren't allowed by the Damage rules. I recently updated the rules page to make this more clear.

The Tantou carries three Type 30 Escape pods
Where are these coming from? They're KFY products IIRC.

Wes said:
First impressions: The "About" header has no text under it (also are the following sections supposed to be under it instead of even with it?).

The headers have been fixed.

The Tantou is supposed to be boxy, and simple in design. As for the color, I went back through the various MFY designs and there is no standard coloration, and currently my design does use a purple shade.

I can see about tweaking the image, putting some different engines.

Wes said:
This is a small ship (45m)!
Yes, she is supposed to be, she's a Gun Boat, not a Gunship, she is size 1 vessel. Basically the Equivalent of a WW II PT boat, in the SARP universe. Cheap to make, easy to maintain, and sadly disposable.

[
Wes said:
Multiple thresholds aren't allowed by the Damage rules. I recently updated the rules page to make this more clear.

This is my bad, I thought I had put corrected it, its been changed.

Wes said:
The Tantou carries three Type 30 Escape pods
Where are these coming from? They're KFY products IIRC.[/quote]

All the MFY ship designs use Type 30 Escape Pods. For clarifiation since there is no well defined list of components and stuff for MFY, the page clearly states that it has 3 MFY Type 30 Escape Pods.

Images have been redone actually added some to the height, and added doors for the cargo bay, shuttle bay, and added an airlock.

A few comments:
  • Avionics Listing is redundant because under systems you have the MIKO [Core]+[Scout]. Aesthetically it cleans the page up some.
  • For the Hull: Utilize the -- Shouri FSS Armor Series Type 2B Construct The design includes for smaller craft such as this. Has the same basic construct as what you describe.
  • I suggest instead of blast shutters, try Forcefield-Nested Isolation Doors which are the standard for all MFY ships.

Nice work. It is good to see someone designing for the UOC and MFY.

Hi Andrew,

The last time I created a craft for the UOC and only pointed to the system, I was specifically asked to put them on the page. So for that reason I am leaving them.

The 2B Construct is not appropriate. The Tantou is not a fighter or a shuttle. It is a Starship (Gunboat) which is why it uses the 3A.

I have at your suggestion replaced the blast shutters with the doors you suggested.

The "About" section is empty.

APPROVED once "About" section is completed.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…