Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

SACN [UOCPF] Military Contract Offer: SDI

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
Discord Booster
Attention Stalwart Defense Industries,

The United Outer Colonies would like to offer you the following contracts:

• Design and Manufacture a Standard Issue sidearm for our Peacekeepers.

Please let us know.

Signed,
UOCPF Logistics Control

Thank you for your interest in Stalwart Defense Industries! We assure you that we can meet the needs of your nation/corporation/military/police/covert terrorist organization, no matter what they may be.

As you may already know know, SDI has an exclusive manufacturing contract with the Lorath Matriarchy, and thus we cannot yet accept your offer. The exclusivity contract has a clause that allows you to negotiate for manufacturing rights of certain designs, through the Matriarchy.

However, we do allow solicitation of weapon design. We already have a sidearm being manufactured, the Stalwart Enforcer, the information on which is attatched to this message.

Assuming this design suits your needs, we can ship units immediately and arrange rights negotiations as soon as reasonably possible. If not, then reply to this message with your organization's requirements.

Remember, shop smart, shop Stalwart!

Signed,
SDI Public Relations; Automated AI Response Unit

To:Lorath Matriarchy

Hello friends,

Enclosed is communications between UOCPF Logistics Control and SDI. Seems their exclusive contract is with you, we were wondering if you would permit them to serve the needs of our contract?

Enclosed Original Messages.

UOCPF Logistics Control.

To: UOCPF Logistics Control
Sender: Lorath Matriarchy Military Commerce Division, Military Contract Negotiator 'Akogi' Fyunnen
Subject: Reply

Neighbors,

We thank you for taking interest in our friend Stalwart's military technology developments. We hereby grant permission for his goods to be exported so long as the following conditions are met.

1) 85% Of payment due for merchandise is to be paid to Stalwart Defense Industries, 10% is to be payable to the Lorath Matriarchy, 5% is payable to delivery services assigned to shipping the merchandise to UOC holdings.

2) If shipping is interfered with by outside forces, we request that a joint effort be made to secure shipping lines and prevent interception of goods.

3) In the event of external political or military interference, we the Lorath Matriarchy reserve the right to cease export to prevent potential damages to our holdings until the situation is stabilized to where export can resume.

4) In the event of interest in the design of the weapons developed by SDI, schematics and documentation are available, however, reproduction of components and equipment is solely permitted to the Lorath Matriarchy unless otherwise authorized by the Lorath Matriarchy and SDI.

5) In the event of interest to produce SDI designed equipment, a Lorath representative working on behalf of the Matriarchy and SDI must be present to account for production, Stalwart himself must also authorize production.

6) In the event of interest in the alteration or adoption of components designed and produced by the Lorath Matriarchy and SDI, permission must be granted prior to production. Along with that, the Lorath Matriarchy and SDI reserve the right to have documentation of alterations or developments based off of SDI components.

7) Product catalogs of SDI and Lorath equipment and merchandise are to be circulated through the UOC to promote future trade and commerce.

-----

Thank you for your communication. I do understand that these requirements are a bit long winded, but the Lorath Matriarchy wishes to ensure that SDI and Lorath Matriarchy interests are represented in this transaction.

We would also like to let it be known that Lorath Matriarchy developed equipment is also available for export, please consult our catalog.

Signed,
Akogi Fyunnen

Transmission sent to: Prime Minister Tange Ayana.
To: Lorath/SDI

Thank you, due to the conditions imposed, I am forwarding a copy of this communication to the Prime Minister for her approval or initiation of further negotiations.

Sender: Lorath Matriarchy Military Commerce Division, Military Contract Negotiator 'Akogi' Fyunnen

Reply confirmed, awaiting further negotiations.

To: Lorath Matriarchy Military Commerce Division, Military Contract Negotiator 'Akogi' Fyunnen; SDI
Subject: Re:FWD:Re:re:Military Contract Offer: SDI

We are looking forward to doing business with you and helping promote the growth of your business in our withholdings but with the stipulations:

Akogi Fynnen said:
2) If shipping is interfered with by outside forces, we request that a joint effort be made to secure shipping lines and prevent interception of goods.

3) In the event of external political or military interference, we the Lorath Matriarchy reserve the right to cease export to prevent potential damages to our holdings until the situation is stabilized to where export can resume.

We cannot accept these conditions, as we are politically neutral. We understand that your goods are important; as are, the assurances that they are getting to the proper hands. But we would rather not be possibly pulled into a political or military conflict over a shipment of firearms. Your other terms seemed reasonable enough but unless those two points are withdrawn, I'm afraid we'll have to give the contract to another company that can securely transport their goods without our interference.

Best regards,

Tange-Katsura Ayana
Prime Minister, United Outer Colonies

From: Stalwart Defender, CEO and Founder, Stalwart Defense Industries
C/O: Lorath Matriarchy Commerce Division
To: UOC Government, UOCPF Logistics Council
Subject: RE:RE:FWD:RE:RE:Military Contract Offer

Dear Prime Minister, I apologize that I could not speak personally; I believe, seeing as I am the CEO, I should perhaps assist in these negotiations.

The stipulations you have objected to seem to have been misunderstood. The Nyli system and its surrounds have been victims of piracy lately; the Lorath government is understandably wary that our shipping lines may be intercepted. And of course, I don't want to see my products in the wrong hands. We don't seek to draw the UOC into conflict with other nations - we only seek to protect our mutual interests.

If it is still a problem, then I would recommend that we withdraw these stipulations and seek other ways to solve the problem of interception that will be more beneficial to the goals of both the Matriarchy and the UOC.

I do, however, greatly appreciate your interest in our products and hope that you continue to do business with my company in the future.

Signed,
Fusegu "Stalwart Defender" Mora

To: Tange-Katsura Ayana, UOC Prime Minister

Dear Prime Minister,

We the Lorath Matriarchy understand your position. In regard to article two, since we respect your position, we will only ask your aid in protecting the shipping lanes from criminal activity, such as piracy. Our LSDF will handle 'other' threats which may arise.

In regard to article three, this is included to simply protect the Matriarchy in the event of a political or military action being taken against us due to our export of arms. We do not wish to appear to be... the term I think is... 'Wishy-washy'. We include this clause as documented reasoning behind a cease of shipping in the event of political or military sanctions being taken against us the Matriarchy. In other words; In the event of the Matriarchy being threatened due to exporting arms, we reserve the right to cease shipping until the issue is resolved. After a resolution is found, we will then resume export at the earliest possible convenience.

In the event of political or military action being taken against the Matriarchy which would prevent export, we are quite sure Stalwart Defense Industries would authorize the UOC to produce his designs until the Matriarchy can resume export.

Thank you for your understanding, if these two articles remain an issue, I am sure the wording can be restated to fit both of our needs.

Signed,
Akogi Fyunnen

Secured Communication

To: Prime Minister Tange Ayana
Other parties not included.

Private Communication

I could not help but to be monitoring this exchange.

Translation, they are afraid that they are going to be punished for doing business with us. I would recommend us looking to more internal corporations, until the fear these people are exhibiting subsides. We can always contact them for secondary supply needs later. Very sad considering this could of been beneficial to their economy.

Signed,
Prince Motoyoshi Tio

To: Lorath Matriarchy Military Commerce Division, Military Contract Negotiator 'Akogi' Fyunnen; SDI
Subject: Re:FWD:Re:re:Military Contract Offer: SDI

At this time, I'm afraid until the fears of repercussions from our former parent government are resolved we will not be pursuing a defense contract with SDI and the Lorath Matriarchy. But hopefully, once we grow a little more on our own, that we will be able to revisit negotiations on this matter. By then we should have our defense forces restructured from the change.

I would suggest that vessels similar to the Soujorner class be used for safe transport of such important cargo. Or other cargo ships that are also lightly armed for their own protection. Perhaps some civilian contractors would be willing to help protect the supply lines?

Best Regards,

Tange-Katsura Ayana

We apologize for our former stance, at the time of the statement of our previous conditions we were under the impression that the Yamatai Empire was to attack supporters of the UOC. Currently, we are able to deliver without the potential interference of the Empire, and due to this, we are able to defend our convoys on our own, save for your occasional patrols to prevent pirates from gaining a foothold.

We remove article two, but article three will remain for the sake of providing the Matriarchy and SDI the ability to discontinue shipments if the situation changes. However, with further consultation with SDI, authorization has been given to provide manufacture rights to the UOC. Payment is to be negotiated with the SDI for manufacture rights and license purchase. Due to this, we will be able to ship SDI merchandise to the UOC, while the UOC supplements the shipments with your own manufactured merchandise.

To further improve the potential of your accepting of the contract terms, we will re-word the third condition.

Article 3 said:
3) We the Lorath Matriarchy and SDI reserve the right to fail to export in the event of: disaster, quarantine, undefeatable military blockade, trade embargo, crippling mechanical difficulties resulting in inability to provide transport, imperial decree, or act of God or Goddess. We continue to reserve the right until the situation is stabilized to where export can resume.

Also, Prime Minister, I as a representative of the Lorath Fyunnen caste, feel it is in ill-taste to describe our caution as 'fear', especially considering our past history with the clan of the Taisho Yui. Discretion is a key point to survival, the Matriarchy is not interested in being on the receiving end of a mad-woman's aether cannon any time soon.

I hope that we can come to an aggreement which will best benefit the UOC and SDI. We also wish you the best of luck regarding the growth of your fine government.

Signed,
Military Contract Negotiator 'Akogi' Fyunnen

Subject: Re:Military Contract Offer: SDI

We have reconsidered your offer and we accept these new conditions presented for a secondary weapons contract for our Peacekeeping forces. We have gone with a more internalized company for our primary standard issue firearms but we don't like to keep all of our eggs in one basket as it were, so we'd like to have SDI firearms in our ship's armories or as an option for our Peacekeeping forces to carry as a secondary firearm.

Thank you for your considerations and I wouldn't be so unkind as to refer to her like that- she is a kind, thoughtful woman that is willing to do anything to protect her family. Years of war tend to change people's perceptions of what they'd do to keep their loved ones safe but I wouldn't call her mad.

Best Regards,

Tange-Katsura Ayana

Subject: Thank you

Thank you for your reconsideration Prime Minister. We will forward this good news to SDI, he will follow up with price negotiations.

Signed,
Military Contract Negotiator 'Akogi' Fyunnen

RPG-D RPGfix
Back