• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Updates of the chibinekos!

Fred

Retired Staff
This sort of was glossed over, but I'd like tobring this up to lessen confusion and work on making this an 'official' addition.

The NH-12 miniature nekovalkyrja are still in widespread use in the Star Army and have been for some time. I've discussed with Wes and Doshii Jun as to having them see an upgrade : the NH-12B.

My proposal of how they could be changed goes as follows :
  • Ability to use anti-gravity to hover.
  • Mental shielding to protect the neko from mind control
  • Encrypted Telepathy
  • SPINE interface to replace SLICS
  • Possible resistance to deep genetic scans like the NH-20 and up

Also, since the Lamia suits have remained static for some time, they could use some tweaking too to adapt to their newer pilots. The Lamias are already divided in the M1-1b and the M1-2b.

The M1-1b is the durable suit with zesuaium plating while the M1-2b is more the cheap-to-make cannon fodder type suit. I suggest making the M1-1c variant to go along with the newer NH-12B's with the following adaptations :
  • W2900 Aether beam Rifle as standard weapon.
  • Increase FTL capabilities to current standard of 2500c
  • Replace the WA-03 Scalar Pulse Cannon with two shoulder mounted nodal support bits.
  • Provide support to the mini-SPINE interface for both NH-12B miniature nekovalkyrja and NH-29 younglings.
  • Update AIES systems to current technology standards.

This allows a LAMIA armor for a miniature nekovalkyrja type that would be better be able to navigate in a gravityless nekovalkyrja vessel, could accomodate LAMIA ace pilots (Lamias are mostly seen as pushovers, bleh) and would allow the NH-29 younglings access to a power armors that could interface with them and have abilities similar to the Mindy power armor they could later pilot.

How about a power armor for the little nekos?

You mean less a mecha and more like an actual bodysuit?

You'd get growth spurt problems from the younglings. I thought part of the beauty of the Lamia control chest cavity was that it could alter itself a bit to account for a growing neko's size for at least half of the time it took to reach adulthood.

I would suggest a nodal created body armor for NH-12B units that are created for security roles. Something along the lines of chibi riot armor. Along with that, if my Miles character survives the ordeal on the Sakura, there would be additional equipment made for the sprites as a follow through to his NH-S-Type.

Already, the Ki-M1-1b has been produced by the millions. Within the first month alone, KFY shipped over 2.3 million of the Lamia to CICS-1b, Yui-4d, and Irim ships. Such unprecedented numbers will undoubtedly keep the mecha around for a very long time. The resources used to build millions of Lamia units have drawn some criticism, resulting in the construction of even cheaper mecha (such as the Ki-M1-2a) and the reduction of weapons on the Lamia itself (one WA-3 scalar cannon was removed).

Sadly, over a half-million Lamia were lost in the first battle they were used in, when the enemy deployed a field that hampered spatial distortion. While aimed to disrupt FTL activities, the field also interfered with the distortion-based sublight function of the drive. With no viable way to recover the mecha, there was no choice but to leave them to die. Following the battle, the Lamia were replaced by an updated version, equipped with backup engines.

There are now over 35 billion Lamia M1 in service throughout the Star Army.

Several other ships point to an M1-1c already in existence. So I'm thinking you want an M1-1d instead, Fred.

Oh. I thought the non-cheap Lamia was the M1-1a and that the second upgrade had been the additional engines (effectively 1b). I thought it was the cheap version (which is the M1-2c) that would require an upgrade variant of D.

Oh well, no biggie. The point was bringing up the miniature nekos and the Lamias up to specs, really ^_^;

RPG-D RPGfix
Back