• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Implemented User to Members - Namespace Change Suggestion

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
This suggestion is for us to change the user: namespace on the wiki to members: and add a page at members that is a hub page for finding Star Army members wiki pages and projects and for easy activity checks (e.g. it could have links to member forum profiles so we could see that they're around by last login). The reason for this change from user to members is because:
  • in the search results it shows the namespace's index page, if it exists (e.g. you search for Plumeria and a result is Plumeria-class Medium Gunship [Star Army Starships]. The result would after the change would show Wes [Members] instead of Wes [user].
  • This continues a trend of pluralized namespaces we've been incorporating (e.g. items, starships, groups).
  • The term members is already used on the forum so this would streamline the terminology used across both platforms.
  • Most importantly, the term "members" sounds better and is more accurate. Star Army isn't something you use, it's a group you're a part of.
All namespace schema assignments would be easily updated to allow seamless migration of struct data.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
This sounds like a good change to me. We would want to encourage that the name be the same both places.

Okay, I've started by moving my own page. As I implement this I'll need to take care to update permissions to preserve private workspaces (GM screens).

Task completed!

The user: namespace has been renamed to members: in accordance with the upvoted suggestion, most links should be updated automatically but let me know if you see anything that needs correction.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back