• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Uses of "Anti-Grav Control"

Xerena

Inactive Member
What, exactly, can and can't a Yamataian (or Neko) do with anti-gravity control? I know the following are possible:
--walking normally in high gravity
--hovering and limited flight in normal gravity
--"true" flight in low or zero gravity
--Slowing and cushioning falls (enough that a plunge that would normally kill you will instead only seriously hurt you)

I know it cannot be used to create an attractive or repulsive effect (at least not by Yamataians, though it might be possible for the latest Nekos (NH-28 and upwards) - I am talking about a "repulsion wave" (or attraction, i.e. negative repulsion, wave) effect, NOT general-purpose telekinesis.

I don't know if Yamataians can:
--perform Jedi-style "Force Jump" maneuvers (actually hovering/flying isn't always the best way to go)
--Effectively alter their weight (not to be confused with "mass") in non-zero gravity
--Anchor themselves to walls or ceilings
--Hold themselves to the ground oor floor(useful in the event of a hurricane, tornado, earthquake, hull breach, etc. or walking normally in low gravity)

I was asking Wes about this and he reminded me that things like this should be posted here where anyone can read it. I'm particularly interested in knowing whether "Force Jump"-type acrobatics are possible.

--perform Jedi-style "Force Jump" maneuvers (actually hovering/flying isn't always the best way to go)
Yes
--Effectively alter their weight (not to be confused with "mass") in non-zero gravity
No (but nekos can)
--Anchor themselves to walls or ceilings
No (but nekos can)
--Hold themselves to the ground oor floor(useful in the event of a hurricane, tornado, earthquake, hull breach, etc. or walking normally in low gravity)
Yes, I think.

So I didn't get anything wrong about what I said I knew could/couldn't be done - specifically, that bit about creating attractive or repulsive effects (i.e. that the newest nekos can and Yamataians can't)?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back