• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

USO Meeting

Z

Zack

RP Date
Can I put literally anything here?
RP Location
Nath Tower
ON> Nath Tower

"Alright Jack, you said you had something in mind for this?" Uso asked, the penthouse windows were dark thanks to the sandstorm outside, the occational snap-crack of force fields and electrostatic discharge was all that was keeping Osman city from being burried by sand now that the protective mountain had been mostly destroyed.

Similarly, Uso herself seemed more on edge than normal. She was suited in power armor now, her helmet nearby on the table. The armor had clearly seen some action already as it was fresh from the newly developed warzone of Xuno.

"We've been needing to get together a meet of everyone who has buy in with the USO anyways... not just Kyro, but the Elysians, Ty, NMX, Vier, S6, Ragna.... maybe also a more tight knit meeting for the inner-circle types...."

Kyro stood at attention against the wall overlooking the meeting silently. He was wearing his old Osman Officer Uniform, and on his right hip was his modified broadsword.

"I've been thinking this needs to become a permanent thing. Get everyone a seat and a say, make a sort of council. You've seen the bickering each of us have gotten into before, and because we talk to each other. We need to start tackling the major issues as unified government. Everyone has their own field of expertise, but we're all still the USO. Everyone will have an equal seat and say on this council, the only person with the higher say is you. You are the founder, and have absolute say," Jack said explaining his proposition.

"Yeah, but should it be a scheduled thing? Just an open invite to show up? Maybe we give out the contact info to people in the know?" Uso asked.

The only Separa'Shan in the room, Anslen Volontany listened carefully to the conversation. It didn't seem incrediby important, but it always helpful to be more aware. The Senator had made his way out here to make a proposal that he felt could benifit both the USO and his homeworld, the now occupied Essia.

"Sheduled yes, and anyone we work with. MoD, GH, Rag, Skyguard, etc. It should help prevent stepping on each other's toes, and unintentionally interfere in each other's business. As well as cut down on the in fighting," Jack answered.

"Alright, so schedule it. I appoint you head of scheduling. Did I come back here for just this? Or is there a reason we have a... that one." Uso pointed at the snake-person, not really knowing the species name.

Anslen nodded thoughtfully, "Separa'Shan, we've not made much of an appearance in theese parts due to the long distance. I'm Anslen Volontany. As for my reasons for being here, I have a proposal."

"Let's hear it!" Uso said,

Anslen nodded, "Very well then. As I am sure you are aware, my homeworld of Essia has recently been occupied by the Kuvexians. While we are reciving help from Yamatai, Essia is not their only concern. We believe that we need to supliment their assistance. Recently, USO has been developing new weapons and suits of power armor. For obvious reasons, Separa'Shan don't fit into standard suits of power armor. Currently, there is only one suit of powered armor that is designed for Separa'Shan, the Mindy. Which is understandably, hard to aquire privately for the Essian Defense Force. What I propose is that some of us work with your people to help develop a suit of powered armor that is better designed for Separa'Shan physiology and help train some members of the EDF on it."

Anslen took a breath, "I think how we would each benifit from it is clear, we get addtional weapons and powered armor, you get money to help rebuild your economy. More importantly than that, you will be building a relationship that will help other nations of the Galaxy to see you as a friendly peer." Anslen proposed.

"We've actually stabilized our economy thanks to FSC, however, our currency is not widely recognized among the other nations. And neither are we recognised as one. The foreign currency is still helpful as it will allow us to do outside business, we can certainly help devise a power armor for you," Jack clarified, not really surprised news was not very well followed on their dust ball of a planet.

"Is this not a 'Lets go blow them up on behalf of danger-noodle here and take a cut of the arms sales / salvage / etc as payment' thing? I mean, we've got an economy... it's alright... we make everything we need as is... but we've got fucking great military hardware..." Uso tapped her fingers on the desk for a bit before adding, "And people. Don't forget people. This is the kinda shit I grew up doing...

... I mean, of course we can get you power armor. Could throw in some transports, combat drones, everything an aspiring planetary savior would need to go back and save the day. That includes the kinda warfare development group type operators you need to assess the situation on your homeworld and generate a proper METT-TC, OCOKA-W, and EMCOLA for your order of battle.

I know we got your whole thing Kyro, but I think Ragnarok's Fyrst company could handle it with just a few drones in support. At the very least we've got enough spare capacity to do more than just build an armor."

At this point, Akemi tilted his head, which made his raven-black hair move in a long wave down his shoulder. He looked to Uso, then Jack, then the Separa’Shan man requesting a partnership, before looking at his reflection in the mirror opposite him. He moved his face back and forth while looking in the mirror, then at the Senator with the same look he had been flashing at the mirror and said nothing.

Anslen took a moment considering, they were offering more then he was hoping for. It would also be more expensive. "While we are going to be evaluating the situation with thier removal as a long term goal. At the moment, the situation is not such that we think that a direct assualt will be effective in removing them. Currently, due to the limited capabilities we currently posess, we are looking to augment our capabilities and limit the ability of the Kuvexians to exploit the resources on our Homeworld. Naturally, this means that we aren't looking to hire mercenaries at this point in time. If the joint projects go well, then when the time comes we will need all the help we can get." Anslen explained.

"Allllll of that...." Uso said, making a slow circle with her hand in Anslen's general direction, "Screams 'I need to hire some mercinaries'... not like your budget rent-a-thugs either. You need someone to evaluate the situation. All the resources in the universe won't do you any good if you don't know how to use them. I don't know what magic-bullet you need to solve this problem and you won't either without someone to do the proper legwork.

Bring us on as an advisor, let us get some boots on the ground, figure out what you're up against and how to best manage the enemy force."

Uso was leaning in, excited, eager to sink her teeth into a jucy opportunity to cause a lot of trouble for someone.

"Its not hiring if you volunteer," Jack said with a grin.

Kyro got off of the wall and took a step forward, "If it's resources, I'm happy to oblige. If it's men, I'm also well stocked, I have currently over 1,500,000,000 Soldiers eager to gain more... modern combat experiance. Though they maybe underequiped. There will be a surplus, tell me how many you require and I will send them in. I personally would like to at least control my main force if that shall not be too much to ask." His tone being straight to the point and rough, his expression being his iconic emotionless glare.

Anslen considered, they were certainly eager. On the other hand, he didn't want to replace one occupying force with another. It wasn't that he didn't trust them, a certain lack of trust was standard issue for diplomacy. "We may be able to get some advisors on the ground. However, there are already Yamatai advisors, many of whom were trapped there during the attack, already on the ground. You would naturally be using many of the same channels that they are. We can make the paperwork look good, but it also requires a certain amount of delicacy."

"We don't need boots on the ground. We have the EyeIIs for reconnaissance at a safe distance out of enemy detection. They were designed for such work, providing just as clear a picture of the situation through high res scans and other accurate instruments. If we can get one there it can monitor the enemy in orbit as well as the situation on the ground. They have been repeatedly proven on the ops bravo team have recently conducted. Rose would be disappointed if we didn't put them to use for what they were made for," Jack said putting a holo projector on the desk to display an image of the craft.

"While you all bring some good ideas to the table, that's a lie and your ideas are stupid. We're not taking a billion dudes off Xuno when we need them on Xuno, and while long range observation is fine.... that's also pretty standard. I'm also sure Yamatai has some great people on the ground already but hoestly they can't do what I can do.

Let us plug you in to our resources. We can develop your power armor, supply you with weapons, and have our guys assess the situation. At the very least you'll get to hear what we come up with. You might like it better than what you hear elsewhere. Should you want to act on one of our plans we can figure that out then.... no blowing stuff up without your say so!" Uso offered.

Akemi had been staying pretty quiet and was just happy to be getting to see everyone vivacious, what with the war. He kept to himself while waiting for the chance to monologue like everyone else was doing, if the opportunity presented itself.

Amongst the people in the room was Cyrus, sitting silently as everyone spoke. The leader of Ragnarok had not been seen recently and he hadn't divulged where he had been. He pulled a cigar from his pocket and lit it.

Cyrus quietly listened while he smoked, taking note of everyone.

Anslen considered the EyeIIs, carefully. "Those are very intresting, I'll want to get more specific specifacations on them if they are for sale." He said casually, they could be very useful not just when they retook the planet, but afterwards as well.

He nodded at Uso's suggestions, they were logical. The Neko seemed to have a certain straightforward way about her. He scanned the rest of the faces and could sense that some wanted to say something. "Are there any more thoughts about this deal?" He asked to the whole group.

"Lets get you a list of what we can offer. Just pick what you need and we can negotiate a price once you have what you want in mind. We'll tack on our advising for free... I think you'll come around to seeing what I see sooner or later." Uso added.

"May I suggest a walk through of the Section 6 facility. We have many technologies you may find useful. We sell many of the products created from our research, everything from milspec gear, ships, to even civilian products. We even have our own residential area around the facility." Jack offering up his last comment.

"If subterfuge is what you need right now... We should talk." A sudden, mechanical voice added. It was coming from a lanky robot man who had been silently chilling in the corner, bearing a head like a hammer and an oddly garrish multicoloured shirt. "The spacers are still on bad terms with Yamatai, of course, but there are many ways in which we could break the ice... Deploying Junkers or Junkmasters could seriously hamper the enemies' expansion. We can also bolster your forces with Partisans or Deathcrawlers. Efficient, cheap, reliable products with a good stealth rating."

"Of course, to make sure our relationship doesn't just boil down to us blindly helping our old enemy, however, it would give us great peace of mind to negotiate some kind of lasting presence ontop of this. That's the way freinds are supposed to act."

Iemochi Yakena, who up till now had been content with sitting back and watching these figures she'd heard so much about while travelling around USO, finally perked up. "Senator, I'd be more than happy to forward you some marketing material on the Eyes. We're actually waiting for trade approval on the Eye III line now." Then sweeping her jade gaze to the Freespacer, she gestured broadly. "IIS have a pact with the Wire Guided surrounding Junker and Junkmaster employment. We can potentially ask to bolster those numbers."

It was at this moment that the unassuming pink haired girl seemed to remember something, "Oh, I'm an IIS CEO by the way. I heard you guys almost grabbed my missing brother at the Festival but that's for another time. I've been floating around long enough I'm glad to finally meet you all." Her eyes rested on Akemi for an instant, then Jack, before continuing to watch who next spoke.

Ty showed up to the meeting looking a bit tired hair a mess and wearing a black combat uniform with SC embroidered on the shoulder with him stood two Raven units of the scarecrows

"Sorry I'm late, really not used to the leadership role yet, if you need high quality mercenaries now besides me and Frank let me know I'm willing to do discounts."

”Everything I send is free of charge, I’m still paying off my debt to you Lady Uso. Everything at my disposal is ready to be used, Even the 65 Sky Tanks that I have are ready to be sent out, if you recall whom they are.” Kyro pointed out to Uso. Then stated, “I merely stated that everything I have is at your disposal, whethere you use them or not is completely at your ledger. Even with outdated tactical Knowledge, they’ve been fighting for much longer, is not the same amount of time as any of your men. Having just finished up our pleasant little liberation and before that a full scale planetary war.”

Anslen looked Uso in the eye, taking her measure carefully. If things went well, he would be granting her power more power. The last thing he wanted to do was give power to someone who would threaten Essia, and by extension, Yamatai. That same time of introspection gave Uso a chance to measure him as well. He was a father of a very large family. In a sense, all Separa'shan were like his children. Beneath the outward appearance, there was a man who had a strong will to defend his own. A will as hard as the steel he had worked for many years. Essia would be freed, no matter what. "Very well then, I think we have a deal. I will work out the details with the groups specifcally involved." He looked at Jack, the Freespacer, and Yakena.

Anslen took a case that he had kept by his side and gave it to Uso. It contained a million KS. A tiny amount compared to what they would be spending before it was all over. "A down payment, for a fruitful partnership." He said.

"I'll get S6 to put together that armor for you in record time," Uso said, leaving the case on the table for the time being, "I'm sure this will be a fruitful relationship.. but we should probably break up into individuals for a bit. Let our friend here move around at their own pace."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back