• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Utility Knife

Overall its looks pretty good, but there is one issue.

That deep V in the blade along the top. It goes almost halfway through the blade which makes it a weak point, especially when you take in account the oval hole that it comes near.

And what purpose do those holes serve?

Also need one detail. When the Ballistic option is being used, how far will the blade fire? What's the effective range.

It is a bit of a hassle to fix the art right now without paintshop pro (due to my computer melting) So I think I'll just leave that as a structural weakness to fix next time around.

The Deep V is supposed to be the crimping tool to allow marines to quickly strip wire.

The holes are there to reduce weight.

And I'll add in the range of the blade.

Did you think about the reduced aerodynamics for the ballistics from the holes? I didn't look at it, but I thought it should be mentioned.

That was my opinion. If it were covering a longer range, then it might factor in.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…