• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC Valiant OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything his characters should be forced to learn about the setting ICly for a more natural feel to the RP.

And I think the ramifications of a pre-worked sotryline have already been discussed ad-nausium.

The pre set storyline is there for a reason, and a good one at that, the seelie have only just been created by Sypher, and the set storyline is there to introduce them, get discovered by the star army, and bring them in to the rest of the star army universe, thats all.

Oh yeah, and there's going to be two battles so it's all gooooooooooooooooooood!

Responding to what? Why does it have to be looked over by Wes? (I hope that doesn't sound rude, not implied that way.)

No they havn't they have been around for a while.

Though that doesn't really matter, at the moment what is happening in the "Dark ononi" thread has no relationship with the Valiant, at the moment, so I do not think it should be re-placed here.

Though I do wish something wouyld happen on the ship. Like get mopving to our Ahmar....as they have been waiting long enough.

In role play involving multiple people with their own characters there is never a good reason for a set storyline. If you want things to end up a certain way then just write it out and don't call it role play.

Actually, we are role playing how we get to the set conclusion.

How come it doesn't show Sypher as a moderator anymore?

I posted it, I'm getting tired of this standoff between Sypher and Rob.

Get on tonight and we'll JP.

Ahem. It is a standoff between yourself and Dan, which I am getting very, very ticked off about. Don't involve me in your petty little power plays, and try not to mess this ship up because of it, or I will be Annoyed.

Hold on Rob and Thomas. Firstly Thomas there was no argument between Rob and me. Secondly Rob, there was no power struggle between Thomas and me.

Luke, please do not act as though you know how the story will turn out. Also that would be metagaming. We discussed it, yes. However I did not say what will be happen, as I don't really either.

Luke said:
How come it doesn't show Sypher as a moderator anymore?
About two weeks ago, I changed it so Thomas no longer moderated Daniel's forum and Daniel no longer moderated Thomas's forum. Not only was it redundant, but it seemed to be creating a lot of confusion.

Well I'm still here.

The plot's still going but apparently there are a lot of RL issues that are keeping people distracted.

Please people, see if you have some time to come on to JP, or if not just take five minutes to write a response SP on the thread.

So, is this plot still active? If not, I'm going to close it.

To be honest no-one other than myself and Simon (possibly Laz) are now participating.

I have a JP schedualed with Simon at some point, but I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to draw this to a close with so few players ... and so, despite showing HUGE promise to begin with, it might be best to draw this one to a close, but it really needs some form of IC conclusion, and I don't think I'm up to controlling an enormous number of NPC's to end this right now.

Help would be appreciated.

I do remember there being a few idle players in the 5th's armor wings. If they could be assigned to a ship, it could work out. Of course, you still have the problem with the time zones and stuff.

I just noticed : the Valiant has the new S3-W2900 aether shock array?

I thought those were new. Shouldn't the Valiant return to an Iori to get it replaced (as in, it's modular)? I understand the nodal system can help in the refit of a ship, but that's a 90.75m 'effing big weapon.

The S3-W2800 compared to the W2900 has 50% range, only the spread attack setting and takes 60 seconds to cycle and be ready to fire anew.

Sorry, I don't mean to be picky, I'm just pointing out an inconsistancy (well, to my eyes) - not to mention I'm hoping not every Sakura gunship upgraded to the C variant yet (Namely a certain black-hulled Sakura-class...).

That would be my fault.

However the problem stems from the fact I can't find the details for the old weapon, and was relying on the current description. If you can find me the description I'll edit it in happily.

Wes didn't leave the previous weapon anywhere I could see it. However, I'm fairly sure it went like this...

To have the newer main gun, all the Valiant needs to do is return to an Iori and get a refit underway - 6 to 18 hours later, it should be upgraded to the Ke-S3-1c and have the newer Ke-S3-W2900 aether shock array ( the Valiant is probably still a S3-1b... the Sakura gunships saw revisions very quickly ^_^; )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…