• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Valo

Driker

Inactive Member
Name: Valo - Machine ID: 1985JP29

General Information

Species: Custodian
Family / Creators: NovaCorp

Employer: NovaCorp
Current Assignment: New Design Testing

Physical Characteristics

Height: 8'0"
Weight: 500lbs+ Varies with equipment
Measurements: Width (Shoulder Span): 2'7"
Bra Size:

Build and Skin Colour: Designed like other Custodians in physical build aside from the obvious added muscle of being a couple feet larger. Skin color caucasian
Facial Features and Eye Colour: Designed like that of a male godlike statue. Eye color is Hazel.
Hair Colour and Style: Short black hair.

Distinguishing Features: Taller then the average Custodian.

Psychological Characteristics

Personality:
Very little to speak of. A machine meant only to kill has no use for emotions.

Dislikes: N/a
Goals: To accomplish its appointed tasks

History

The Custodian unit code named Valo. One of the first generation models designed for combat. At first this unit was called by nothing more then it's production number. It as with the others proved a powerful force on the battlefield. With each battle this war machine learned to become more efficient in quick directed destruction.

It was after it proved it's ability to quickly adapt to each new situation that this particular unit was given it's code name. Valo proved to be a valuable asset for a time, but as the Yamatai began to use more and more Nekovalkyrja models, The need for the frighteningly powerful Custodians diminished greatly as they were replaced with something that was more pleasing to the eye and personality.

It was not long before the battle hardened Valo was de-commissioned. It's primary weapons were removed and muscular suppressors were installed to half it's physical capabilities. However the information it had gained over time was left as it was. It seemed Valo would still have a use. The Star Army of Nepleslia needed an assortment of crew for their new vessels and while they refused the possibility of allowing Nekovalkyrja to join the rosters, a machine designed for general purpose use was a perfect addition. With a few changes to the body structure of unit Valo it was made capable of having parts switched in and out. This would allow for integrating things such as repair equipment for fixing problems with parts of a ship. To even medical equipment for assisting an injured crew member.

It is true that a killing machine no matter who made it is not taken easily with Nephleslians. So the muscular suppressors were left installed and no weapons are currently installed as well. Valo now serves as a multipurpose machine for a starship crew.

Skills

Set Type: Multipurpose

:Communication

programmed to operate basic and advanced communication devices on ground and in ships.

:Fighting

Valo's ability to fight started with the programming given to it and from there it learned how to increase it's effectiveness on the battle field from battle to battle. By the time it was decommisioned it had learned a great deal of tactics for killing in large numbers. Now that it is no longer a machine meant for combat and is lacking both it's weaponry and physical abilities, it is little more then a walking shield on the combat field.

:Technology Operation

Valo's programming for operating devices like the rest is capable of learning to effectivly work things.

:Mathematics

With a computer brain capable of calculating astronomical problems. Its safe to say Valo knows how to perform mathematical equations. This includes judging the distance and points of a moving object.

:Knowledge

A newer addtion to Valo's information databank. The history of the two huminoid Empires was added into Valo's memory banks. This was done so Valo would how at least a basic idea how to perform it's duties around the two species. The last thing Novacorp wants happening is one of their machines causing an all out war between the two and being blamed for it.

:Medical and Science

Also a new addition to Valo's programming. Since Valo already has a very good understand of the anatomy of the species it has come into contact with, that it would be a good idea to program it with the knowledge it would need to attend to crew members medical needs. From simple medication prescriptions to surgery. The obvious downside of having an 8 foot machine working on somebody should be obvious. Some people don't like doctors as it is, imagine going to see a doctor that looks like they could nearly step on you.

:Vehicles

While Valo mostly spent it's days of combat being dropped off from vehicles. There were the rare occasions where it would need to drive them. However it only ever needed to drive ground transport vehicles. Mostly anything that was lightly armored and moved fast. Anything other then that and it hasn't had experience using it.

OOC Notes
I left the skills without descriptions for now. Most of the information that isn't about combat is programmed in.

*wince* The Custodian is even stronger than the NH-27 nekovalkyrja. I'm pretty positive that you can't play one (it's an inbetwen between a NH-27 and a NH-28 NIWS in power. Nasty).

I'm okay with it if he works closely with Thomas to learn how to RP one.

I have no problem doing that. I have some experience playing a machine like this. However it was in a completely different rpg. However I'm more then willing to learn more on it from Thomas.

Thomas, when you have a chance, can you give a thumbs up or down on this character? I'd like to move it to approved bios or delete it, depending.

Bump.
I want to know if this user is approved or not since this is one of the first custodian players.
Those of us who submit races have something to learn from this.

I'm still not in favor of this. A custodian is even more physically powerful than a NH-27. It probably has a chance to stand up to a NIWS for a short time too.

I think, at the very least, that a Santô Juni board rank restriction should be applied for this (though Wes broke that restriction for Jo Midori) - if it is ever approved, which I really do not recommend. This will set a bad precedent; Custodians are very powerful.

I have nothing against you, Driker. I just think a Custodian is a bit too much.

What's wrong with something physically stronger, Kotori?

From what I can tell, they're not especially agile and something that could stand against a NIWS would be very interesting.

But I do agree there should be a limit to prove players have to play Custodians responsibly or have the experience to do so.

A difference in opinion, I guess.

Well, a Custodian would be overpowered compared to what the other members are typically able to play. I think, out of balance and fairness, that custodians need to remain NPC-only.

I mean, the Miharu has a Custodian: Sigurd. He holds the same role the NH-28 NIWS holds in the Sakura, except he's less overpowered but also not a rabid machine of rampant destruction (NIWS are notoriously amoral and difficult to manage/control - Sigurd has better manners to compensate for his lessened uberness).

What you have yet to point out is that Custodians are extremely easy to control. Hell if the owner told one to blow its own head off....well you can be sure that it would do so. Its not a "fake" living being like the Neko. This thing is a machine that runs off programming and would have no real reason to even consider attacking the NIW unless ordered to.

I can't believe people are actually worried about something being stronger then a Neko. It's almost scary that people are afraid of that idea.

What's so fun about roleplaying a machine if you have no decisions of your own to make?

Sounds kind of lame, actually.

Understandable for some. However I do enjoy such a thing even if you might not. I also already have a living character I can make my own decisions with.

I guess playing a machine is just an acquired taste so to speak.

I agree on this recomendations:

Your character will be a decommisioned or non-military model.

It's Keel will be replaced with a simple Sonar and Vocal system.
It's HEX's will be removed.

It's strength and reaction time will be reduced by 50%.

As for the skills I'd rather you select them and then I'll tell you if I agree with them.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back