Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Character Van Cronovis

Re: [Bahram Wings] Van Cronovis

You might want to look into other plots on the whole. The new Iroma plot is a ways off, and won't be moving very fast for a while yet, I suspect.

And realistically, Iroma don't have much of a presence outside of their plots at the FM's choice, so it might be a good idea to look into other possibilities for the character itself, at least for the time being. When the Iroma plot gets up and running, it might make sense, but for now other races will have more options.

I went back and changed some of details and preferred plots. I've come across no active plot that currently interests me.

Oookay, had a look.

Initial thoughts are that it's creative and well thought out, although there are some problems. I'll go over them step by step.

The very first is the chemical accident, which is strange because Iromakuanhe biotechnology is literally abundant and ubiquitous enough that the proceedures to restore or even upgrade his body would have been standard and almost trivial- and given the circumstances actually entirely free. An Iromakuanhe with unconventional gender expression isn't a bother, though the seeming permanency of the injuries is problematic given that there are dozens of ways he could have been returned to normal.

I feel slightly bad for telling you the crux of the character's life could have easily been fixed- the paralysis, the chemical burns, all would have been provided for him ostensibly for free.

The other thing is this discussion of the body type, which I'd like to hear more about.

Besides that, there might be problems with Van's body type if it's incompatible with Solanii technologies and requiring special medical knowledge. Iromakuanhe medical officers are trained in dealing with a wide variety of augmentations, but his design being entirely new and proprietary problematizes that.

I looked over the slight error you pointed out in my character's history, so I went changed slight details to suit Iromakuanhe races' background.

Regarding the physiology of my character and compatibility with Solan Starworks tech's.
The body itself was built by one of the scientist that Van contracted with, so I am assuming that the body, while custom in design, would be compatible with the technology. On the other hand, his body is a fully automated machine, complicated as a organic being though, so he is going to require replacements if something happens to disconnect by means internal or external.

Exhack, any more issues? I'd like to get this character approved. Hopefully the player is still interested.

Edit: Sent him an email

I'd like to see a fair bit more from this player before I'd really be comfortable setting him loose as an independent with a fairly advanced race, Wes. The Iroma were always restricted before, and I don't think that should change.

I think we should just approve this and see what he can do. It's not cool to have someone wait this long for a decision. This character doesn't appear to be representative of the Iroma faction and isn't for a particular plot so I'll take responsibility for approval and give him my OK. I realize there are some risks involved but that's acceptable.

Approved

RPG-D RPGfix
Back