• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Submission VCE Spin Offs

Nashoba

SARPaholic & Admin
Retired Staff
Inactive Member
Convention Veteran
Submission Type: VCE
Submission URL:

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=tet:vce_backup
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=tet:vce_training

Faction: Yamatai
FM Approved Yet? @Wes
Faction requires art? These are programs not devices

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Contains New art? No
Previously Submitted? No

Notes:
The backup is intended to give characters who are not citizens of Yamatai an option to preserve themselves. The backup feature could be useful for Criminals who obviously aren't going to walk into a government establishment.

The training is just documenting the process of how the system can be used for training people for occupations, hobbies, etc.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Do they have to be YE 36? Unless there's some reason, why not use the new current year?

Digital transference of skills to non-batch grown species is potentially a bit of a game changer for various factions, not just Yamatai. I think FMs in general should chime in on this since TET operates internationally and it may influence their part of the setting.

That's just because I didn't update the date.

The training one is not really the important one, but regardless the function is there. This just puts rules to it.

The digital transference is very limited the person only gets the mental. Eg, a person can download flying a shuttle, they know the theoretical and procedures, but they don't have the actual hands on that they need to do complex stuff.

Its not going to let you download data a make an instant superspy. And for alien species outside of Yamatai its a non-issue because the Halo hasn't been programmed for their brains. Its designed to Yamataian citizens, which covers humans, Nepleslians, Geshrinari, and the other minor Yam species. Lorath, Hidden Sun, Iroma etc are not able to use the tech at this time.

FYI, I have updated the HALO page to reflect the species that it is compatible with.

Last edited:
Approved. As Nashoba pointed out, this could already be done in the RP before this submission.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back