• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Video game capacity

C-Man

Inactive Member
In a setting where computers the size of a persons index finger can store a lifetimes worth of memories and computer chips that can house a fully sentient AI, what would be the processing capabilities of a dedicated video game console?

I'm thinking of submitting something like that along with a game that involves randomly generated fantasy style worlds as part of a series I've been thinking of writing or doing a joint post with someone.

Anyone who watches the Yogscast will know exactly where I'm going with this idea.

I had honestly imagined that the SARP universe would have the capabilities of full simulation video games. Also, some method of speeding up the game so you could go through the equivalent of hours of game time while only actually spending less than an hour playing.

I don't think dedicated consoles would exist in the SARP. Why not just run a game in your head or on whatever computer or device is around?

Well I'll submit what I have in mind to the wiki. I'm asking this because an entirely computer generated world complete with npc factions, immense amount of content and events is going to require an awful lot of processing power.

Funnily enough, I think the Freespacers have a subfaction where the entire faction are NPC's in a video game. It's actualy hilarious. Go into the game and all the NPC's are people who just live in the video game. At least that is what I recall @Dumont saying.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back