• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Vixen (Fox Variant)

The Fox is already written up and approved. This article just tells the differences.

I can see the uses in ground engagements...but could the standard Fox power supply power the Vixen's added systems? Or would there be an additional generator or capacitor?

Yeah, there's nothing really power-intensive in the Vixen variant.

Agreed; this seems like a weaker version. I think the only thing I wonder about is the space -- it's got expanding walls ... but where do they expand? I thought the back of the Fox was pretty spacious as it was. Are we talking about an RV-like contraption, with walls folding out away from the profile of the vehicle?

Agreed; this seems like a weaker version.
How so? It can do everything the normal version can, except for cargo carry, and it has better communications.

I thought the back of the Fox was pretty spacious as it was.
I wouldn't really describe it that way.

Are we talking about an RV-like contraption, with walls folding out away from the profile of the vehicle
Exactly.

The lack of cargo capacity makes it by default less capable for combat, I'd think; can't store as much cool shit! Honestly though, I was thinking the walls folded out DURING flight -- is that the case? If so, I would expect it to be weaker on those side walls.

As for spacious, I just meant there wasn't space wasted by thin walls used to separate the room out -- it was just one big room. But if it does the RV thing, meh, doesn't matter anyway.

In one webcomic, right off the top of my head i cant remember the link, there was solid decking (ie armored plating) that was stored to be moved into position, for docking. I think the same principle could be used here. Plating that moves into position to protect the expanded room. Stored over the existing armor, it moves into position to protect the soft walls of the expanded area. I will hunt up the link when I get home so everyone can see.

http://www.davidcsimon.com/crimsondark/ ... rip_id=141

nice webcomic, next few pages give the basics of it.

Approved for IC usage. I will be sure to add this to my list of shuttles

RPG-D RPGfix
Back