• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Submission [VSGCR] Materials

Arieg

DEFCON Everybody Dies
Submission Type: Setting Materials
Submission URL:

Faction: Valmet Colonial Pact
FM Approved Yet? (Yes/No; Who, When) Myself
Faction requires art? (Yes/No) Que?

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? (Yes/No) Link to the economy page and the primary manufacturers but those are not on review.
Contains New art? (Yes/No)
Previously Submitted? (Yes/No; explain reason if rejected) No

Notes: MATERIALS!

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Wow, my head hurt a lot reading this, hehe. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. For now, might I suggest spacing your paragraphs apart? It would make it easier on the eyes. You tend to repeat a couple of words as well, so I think you were just super excited and really into making this for your faction; which I'm happy for!

Grammar and spacing of paragraphs aside, I don't see anything wrong with the things you have listed here, for as far as I know these materials will only be used, mined, worked with, and developed by your own faction. Let me just do a double-check to ensure I got the general gist of what they could mainly be used for, okay? Correct me if I'm wrong. I'll be cutting out certain excerpts of the articles to ensure the materials are for what they are for.

Let me also use a reference picture for the materials I'm going to be making notes of ...

ai.imgur.com_RiYbkEG.gif_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.gif

Using the above picture, let's get to work!

Cerrosteel - "A very hard ceramic material with very high endurance against direct kinetic and thermal stresses."
"Obviously its primary use is that of a primary armor system on a large number of military and civil systems primarily in the outer ablative role where its density and hardness is best used."
Am I right in assuming that this would serve as a ship/military vehicle material? Used in the same purpose as the ceramic coating above? As a first line of defense against kinetic weaponry and Aether weapons? A composite or coating, basically. (The reference picture's top-most layer)
I point out it's military applications more despite it also being present in civilian industry because, well, we use titanium and aluminum same as the military does in the real world to create our own toys!

Kylar Polymer - "mixing the flexible and lightweight characteristics of plastics with the endurance to thermal and kinetic forces of ceramics"
"Its effectively a super-plastic used in everything from wall paneling to lightweight body armor"
Right, so this is basically a light-weight "sheathe" material and middle building block for gluing on other, more capable, ones? Similar to the 'titanium dissipative foam' as pictured above? And as for it's body armor functionality, is it similar to kevlar where it's basically layer upon layer upon layer woven into one vest sort of deal?

Decasteel - "decent performance against kinetic stresses, thermal stresses, and sheer forces it is a favorite for structures, frame work, and as the hulls and internal supports of various large pieces of machinery and moving equipment"
"not as hard or dense as Cerrosteel it is far more flexible and will bend before breaking compared to the high performance ceramic"
This is pretty self-explanatory, I'll assume it's mainly used as building material for a framework, such as a building or ship's internal struts and skeletal structure? And though I know you put that into the article's description, I'd like for you to either 'yay' or 'nay' my understanding of what your materials are for.

Ensteel - "very specific molecular compositions and arrangements"
"Overall it is a tough very strong metal that is difficult to work after it has been cast into a solid form and the process of shaping it into useful items is time consuming and very expensive"
"Very resistant to thermal and kinetic stresses and even beyond its normal limitations it heavily resists deformation or shattering, even at this point rather then outright failure it tends to deform like a plastic rather then fail completely."
"With these characteristics it is often used in high areas of stress on structures and starships.
Again, very self-explanatory, am I correct in assuming that on a military starship this material would mainly be used as an inner layer of armor plus as a last line of defense against internal hull/deck breaches? Similar to the above reference's "titanium-boron fibers composite" and the "titanium alloy plate"?

Valadyne - "the lightest of the four metals in primary pact use and is the easiest to work, shape, and use"
"decent characteristics when it comes to resisting thermal forces but will deform under significant kinetic effects"
"quite ductile, deforming and stretching rather then shattering"
"also used in military applications as part of a weight saving measure in composites"
More self-explanatory, but but, I just wanted to be thorough. Am I correct in assuming this material, when used in a military environment, is basically similar to how the real world F-15 is made up of titanium, light-weight aluminum composites and a bunch of other such similar things?
Just basically use the remaining composites in the reference sheet that I didn't mention as an example of what I hope is what it's used for?

I point out the military aspects of it more because the civilian portion of it is fine!

Cerrosteel - "A very hard ceramic material with very high endurance against direct kinetic and thermal stresses."
"Obviously its primary use is that of a primary armor system on a large number of military and civil systems primarily in the outer ablative role where its density and hardness is best used."
Am I right in assuming that this would serve as a ship/military vehicle material? Used in the same purpose as the ceramic coating above? As a first line of defense against kinetic weaponry and Aether weapons? A composite or coating, basically. (The reference picture's top-most layer)
I point out it's military applications more despite it also being present in civilian industry because, well, we use titanium and aluminum same as the military does in the real world to create our own toys!

P-much, its effectively a SARP tech boron-carbide analogue.

Kylar Polymer - "mixing the flexible and lightweight characteristics of plastics with the endurance to thermal and kinetic forces of ceramics"
"Its effectively a super-plastic used in everything from wall paneling to lightweight body armor"
Right, so this is basically a light-weight "sheathe" material and middle building block for gluing on other, more capable, ones? Similar to the 'titanium dissipative foam' as pictured above? And as for it's body armor functionality, is it similar to kevlar where it's basically layer upon layer upon layer woven into one vest sort of deal?

Its a super plastic more or less that can be press ganged into various roles (including something akin to kevlar!).

Decasteel - "decent performance against kinetic stresses, thermal stresses, and sheer forces it is a favorite for structures, frame work, and as the hulls and internal supports of various large pieces of machinery and moving equipment"
"not as hard or dense as Cerrosteel it is far more flexible and will bend before breaking compared to the high performance ceramic"
This is pretty self-explanatory, I'll assume it's mainly used as building material for a framework, such as a building or ship's internal struts and skeletal structure? And though I know you put that into the article's description, I'd like for you to either 'yay' or 'nay' my understanding of what your materials are for.

Its basically like the aboves a SARPtech steel analogue, so pretty much dead on lol

Ensteel - "very specific molecular compositions and arrangements"
"Overall it is a tough very strong metal that is difficult to work after it has been cast into a solid form and the process of shaping it into useful items is time consuming and very expensive"
"Very resistant to thermal and kinetic stresses and even beyond its normal limitations it heavily resists deformation or shattering, even at this point rather then outright failure it tends to deform like a plastic rather then fail completely."
"With these characteristics it is often used in high areas of stress on structures and starships.
Again, very self-explanatory, am I correct in assuming that on a military starship this material would mainly be used as an inner layer of armor plus as a last line of defense against internal hull/deck breaches? Similar to the above reference's "titanium-boron fibers composite" and the "titanium alloy plate"?

SARP analogue spess titanium! So it could also be used as direct armor and all of the above.... though the price point would hurt. But yea you get the picture.
Valadyne - "the lightest of the four metals in primary pact use and is the easiest to work, shape, and use"
"decent characteristics when it comes to resisting thermal forces but will deform under significant kinetic effects"
"quite ductile, deforming and stretching rather then shattering"
"also used in military applications as part of a weight saving measure in composites"
More self-explanatory, but but, I just wanted to be thorough. Am I correct in assuming this material, when used in a military environment, is basically similar to how the real world F-15 is made up of titanium, light-weight aluminum composites and a bunch of other such similar things?
Just basically use the remaining composites in the reference sheet that I didn't mention as an example of what I hope is what it's used for?

SARPtech Spess Aluminum!

And these materials will be solely for your own faction, yes? (I saw that they were in the article but I would like a vocal 'Yes' or 'No' here as well for posterity.)

As far as I can see there's nothing wrong with them. They have strengths, weaknesses, and the amount of research you put in to make them sensible is admirable.

I await your reply!

And these materials will be solely for your own faction, yes? (I saw that they were in the article but I would like a vocal 'Yes' or 'No' here as well for posterity.)

As far as I can see there's nothing wrong with them. They have strengths, weaknesses, and the amount of research you put in to make them sensible is admirable.

I await your reply!

Potentially, though they may be sold to others in the future (though if that happens I will make a note that alloying them with the various iffy supermats we have floating around won't work), mostly because I do plan on the Pact types beginning to work with ONI on some basis.

Potentially, though they may be sold to others in the future (though if that happens I will make a note that alloying them with the various iffy supermats we have floating around won't work), mostly because I do plan on the Pact types beginning to work with ONI on some basis.
Explain.

Meaning when first contact occurs and the markets open they'd supply these materials to ONI to include in their projects (mostly so I can use my nice shiny up to date materials instead of most of the old stuff).

Righto. Do your best to keep things in moderation. I enjoy the amount of work you put forth and thank you for fixing up the bricks of text!
There's nothing else I need to look over, as far as I myself am concerned. The quality is excellent, the materials are as I said well-balanced and as far as I can tell are not over-powered and invincible.

Go forth into the SARP world! Make us proud!

APPROVED

RPG-D RPGfix
Back