Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

WAR!!! Between Yamatai and Nepleslia: Could it Happend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

master9147

Inactive Member
I was reading both of there respective wiki sections and I have to say the concept is very intriguing. I imagine it could turn into an epic military space opera equal to Star Wars. Think of it, Yamatai genetics vs Nepleslian cybernetics or an NH-29 Nekovalkyrja vs IDSOL, who would win? Is it a possibility?

Not one that the Neps are eager to explore outside of simulations or Cluster Flux fights. One reason being that Yamatai is in possession of a military that replaces its fallen soldiers like reproducing cells. It would be like getting into a fight with Wolverine where you have a shotgun and a rocket launcher and he has just his claws. Shoot him all ya want, but, sooner or later, he'll still cut you up.

This being small among the other reasons.

And these "space operas" usually focus on a hero and his girlfriend/secret twin sister as they and their ragtag group somehow fire the right shots at the right time and defeat the evil empire...in this case, neither empire is claiming the title "evil", and you would be watching armies go at it instead of a singular hero. A Nepleslia-vs-Yamatai war would be closer to watching the "Star Wars: Battlefront" video game than the film series.

But, as I mentioned in the first line, if you're just interested in seeing a head-to-head fight between the best of both worlds, I'd be willing to try giving you a worthy battle in the CF area : )

I could see a Command and Conquer style game with SARP militaries, lol. That'd be neat.

Anyway, a war practically just DID happen, but instead we ended up going for a peace conference, because if Yamatai fought Nepleslia right, the SARP as a whole would suffer. Things aren't really balanced between them at the moment. If I wanted a war to go down, I'd want it to be a fair fight.

Nepleslia did fight a short war with Yamatai a few years ago and they earned their independence from Yamatai already. Before it was the to her way around- Yamatai was a colony of Nepleslia until the plague happened.

I wouldn't call the Nepleslian independence a war--Yamatai basically didn't take any major action to stop the Neplesians.

Speaking of a Command and Conquer style game with SARP militaries, I also had this other idea about discussing the various strengths and weakness of the star armies including strategy and tactics. I'll post it in a new thread once I get all the details down.

MissingNo said:
And these "space operas" usually focus on a hero and his girlfriend/secret twin sister as they and their ragtag group somehow fire the right shots at the right time and defeat the evil empire...in this case, neither empire is claiming the title "evil"...

...that's what Mishhuvurthyar are for. :D

And these "space operas" usually focus on a hero and his girlfriend/secret twin sister as they and their ragtag group somehow fire the right shots at the right time and defeat the evil empire...in this case, neither empire is claiming the title "evil"...

In Gundam SEED, yes.

Watch the Universal Century continuity though:
The story is told from both sides and both leaders are convoluted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back