• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Wargames?

OsakanOne

Retired Member
Hey all,

Could we use Cluster Flux for wargames or testing out the power of units which would normally never see one another?

I think this would be a good way of making some false R&D for our submissions so we know whether or not they would be effective.

This would take place on a SP basis and OOC chatter would be fine, especially where explanation is needed.

There's a problem with using characters (and ships?) that are already in use: any experience a character goes through will cause a character to develop - that development wouldn't be transferable to canon RP, though. What this means is that you end up with TWO characters - a "pure" version and a flux version for the flux thread she's in. That's a situation that might be hard for a player to manage - especially if you want to keep the flux version.

Furthermore, when firsts - like the first IC appearance of a fighter, for instance, are in the Flux forum, it deprives the actual RP of that first.

Basically, my view is that canon SARP should always come first - roleplay in plots and genreal RP if possible. Cluster Flux is for what isn't possible in the SARP.

... Hm. Alright, I can understand that. But I was doing things like that with Kyosuke's little backstory piece because I wanted to tell a part of that story. You approved it for canon, even though it was obviously not current. How does that fit in with what you said?

It's simple: If something would work in canon, it should probably be moved there.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn moreโ€ฆ