• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Wargames?

OsakanOne

Retired Member
Hey all,

Could we use Cluster Flux for wargames or testing out the power of units which would normally never see one another?

I think this would be a good way of making some false R&D for our submissions so we know whether or not they would be effective.

This would take place on a SP basis and OOC chatter would be fine, especially where explanation is needed.

There's a problem with using characters (and ships?) that are already in use: any experience a character goes through will cause a character to develop - that development wouldn't be transferable to canon RP, though. What this means is that you end up with TWO characters - a "pure" version and a flux version for the flux thread she's in. That's a situation that might be hard for a player to manage - especially if you want to keep the flux version.

Furthermore, when firsts - like the first IC appearance of a fighter, for instance, are in the Flux forum, it deprives the actual RP of that first.

Basically, my view is that canon SARP should always come first - roleplay in plots and genreal RP if possible. Cluster Flux is for what isn't possible in the SARP.

... Hm. Alright, I can understand that. But I was doing things like that with Kyosuke's little backstory piece because I wanted to tell a part of that story. You approved it for canon, even though it was obviously not current. How does that fit in with what you said?

It's simple: If something would work in canon, it should probably be moved there.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back