• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Weapon Carrying Capacities?

Luca

The Ultimate Badass
🎖️ Game Master
Inactive Member
I boggled over this for a bit - and here's a system I came up with if any of you have any questions. This isn't for Powered Armour, because they ARE weapons in a sense.

This is just a rule of thumb I keep in my head for when I do combat encounters where the characters do not have any Powered Armour and are fighting like gentlemen (!!) did.

The average person can load himself with...
4 Tiny Weapons (Grenades, Throwing Knives, Darts)
3 Small Weapons (Pistols, Combat Knives, Handheld Grenade Launchers)
2 Medium Weapons (SMGs, Big-Frame Pistols, Shortened Shotguns)
1 Large Weapon (Machine Guns, Carbines, Long Shotguns, Sniper Rifles)
1 Huge Weapon IF THE CHARACTER CAN HOLD IT WITH TWO HANDS WITHOUT ASSISTANCE (Anti-P.A Rifle, Rocket Launcher)

The tiny weapons go in someone's pocket or are strapped to the belt, the small weapons are typically strapped to the belt in holsters, Medium weapons are strapped to the legs and the heavy weapon could be either disassembled and distributed through the body or slung onto the back. Huge weapons, however can only be held with two hands and cannot be stored on the body.

Note that wearing something like a Tactical Vest, Harness, Mesh Vest or Webbing of some description can increase these limits.
As far as Backpacks go - you can keep weapons in there, but they won't be readily accessible or probably disassembled.

Any input or changes, you think?

Technically, a person wouldn't carry that much mainly because of weight limit rather than carrying capacity.

Normally, it would probably be:

• - A Belt of Grenades (4-5)
    - 1 Combat Knife
    - 1 Sidearm (Small or Medium in your case)
    - 1 Rifle (Large)
    - 1 Heavy Weapon (given to one person in a unit)
    - As many magazines as a person can carry.

This doesn't even include other equipment like gas masks, nightvision goggles, and body armor.

Yes - that's how much someone would carry typically.

But every now and again there are people who arm themselves to the literal teeth and grab as much as they can hope to carry for the long haul.

So - maybe if they do overload themselves there could be errors of sorts or slower reactions due to encumbrance. But that's up to the GM.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back