• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission Weapon Template Update

CadetNewb

Submission Type: Weapon Template Update
Submission URL: Weapon Template Update

Faction: N/A
FM Approval: N/A

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles: N/A
Previously Submitted: N/A

Notes:

Well, when I came back to start working in the NTSE again the other day, I suddenly realized something; the current Weapon Template I built was needlessly complex, over-engineered and an eyesore to look at if you didn't fill the thing out with paragraphs of explanations and only required just a few sentences or even less. It was, at the time, a direct response to certain highly important articles that didn't even have quite the necessary level of detail - the NSP for example? I didn't even know the bolts it fired were gold until I asked, since the article didn't even say.

I can't remember what Kai said exactly, but it was along the lines of, "That's like having a Crown Victoria but not telling people they only came in black or white."

So, I made the current Weapon Template. Which is big. And cumbersome. And over-engineered to withstand paragraphs on top of paragraphs of detailed exposition. And now? I only just found out it's giving tech submitters a harder time than necessary, so I more or less went back to it and cut it down a few sizes.

Please, feedback would be welcome.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
This should be in the guide: namespace.

I think this is a suggested update he's making in his playbox namespace so that he doesn't have to change the current existing one if people don't like the changes he's made. CadetNewb does this a lot.

Sandbox articles should not be submitted and are never approved. Please move the article to its intended location. It is okay for you to replace the current one.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back