• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Approved Submission Weapon Template Update

CadetNewb

Submission Type: Weapon Template Update
Submission URL: Weapon Template Update

Faction: N/A
FM Approval: N/A

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles: N/A
Previously Submitted: N/A

Notes:

Well, when I came back to start working in the NTSE again the other day, I suddenly realized something; the current Weapon Template I built was needlessly complex, over-engineered and an eyesore to look at if you didn't fill the thing out with paragraphs of explanations and only required just a few sentences or even less. It was, at the time, a direct response to certain highly important articles that didn't even have quite the necessary level of detail - the NSP for example? I didn't even know the bolts it fired were gold until I asked, since the article didn't even say.

I can't remember what Kai said exactly, but it was along the lines of, "That's like having a Crown Victoria but not telling people they only came in black or white."

So, I made the current Weapon Template. Which is big. And cumbersome. And over-engineered to withstand paragraphs on top of paragraphs of detailed exposition. And now? I only just found out it's giving tech submitters a harder time than necessary, so I more or less went back to it and cut it down a few sizes.

Please, feedback would be welcome.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
This should be in the guide: namespace.

I think this is a suggested update he's making in his playbox namespace so that he doesn't have to change the current existing one if people don't like the changes he's made. CadetNewb does this a lot.

Yes, that's exactly the case. Assuming this is approved, I will update the article itself to this standard.

Sandbox articles should not be submitted and are never approved. Please move the article to its intended location. It is okay for you to replace the current one.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…