• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Weapons for the Nep crunchies.

Kevyn

Inactive Member
Do the Nepleslians even have a standard weapons load out for unarmored infantry?

(By unarmored, I mean infantry without power armor.)

It's kind of a gray area.

The problem is, we don't have unarmored infantry. Powered armor, for Nepleslia, has a sole purpose in planetary combat only; we leave space combat to ships and fighters. Whenever we send men and women to the ground, they are clad in the best Nepleslian powered armor possible. That armor, in itself, is the 'standard weapons loadout'.

We don't send people into real combat without armor, thus most of our military weapons are sized for armor use. Even the planetary vehicles (what few we have) are sized to accommodate soldiers in bulky armor.

True, but you would maintain a stock of weapons for people who, for reasons of practicality or necessity, can't wear armor on duty. For instance, engineering or medical crew on a ship, to pick two examples, likely don't spend much time in armor. Shouldn't there be a weapon for them to defend themselves with in a boarding assault, should they be incapable of reaching the armor bay?

Generally, we just let them run wild with their service pistols. Between the RPB and HHG handguns, you can put out a very large amount of firepower, especially when using their special ammunitions. However, a fair number of ships are stocked up with a bunch of weapons in their armories, often times just about everything you could think of short of restricted KFY, Elysian, or IPG weaponry.

Alright, so no standard equipment, but a tendency to acquiring non-standard weapons.

Is there any thoughts on making a standard weapon for the second line forces?

It really depends on what you mean. We have a lot of guns available to the Nepleslian soldier. Heck, my Armorer is support but she went out in a Warhawk during the Kennewes Offensive but she normally carries the Zen Armaments semi-automatic, .45 caliber with her all the time.

The weapons restriction on Cirrus Station is an aberration of regular Nepleslian operating procedures. Cassefin doesn't want people using rounds that could damage the station itself, this is why she designed her own little pride and joy for ya'll. It's not that there isn't one for the 2nd line it's just that she doesn't allow ANY on her station.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=cs ... ble_weapon

Oh, I realize the particularities of the situation on Cirrus. It just seems odd that a military organization would neglect such a large niche. Even just a simple carbine rifle wouldn't seem out of place.

I believe that all Nepleslian soldiers are at least issued the .45 Caliber Zen Armaments gun. I also believe that the HHG or the RPB could also be used for the new standard issue service pistol.

But \\military experience has shown that relying on sidearms is a losing preposition against foes with modern armor.

If I were to propose a weapon to fit the role, something along the lines of the modern g36c or p90, what are the chances of it being accepted?

High, especially if it has art.

Just to offer my support, it did cross my mind that the ID-SOL didn't seem to have any standard weapons despite not being able to fit inside most power armour...

RPG-D RPGfix
Back