• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Submission Western Starmap

Zack

Inactive Member
Submission Type: Map Area
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:western_sector_map

Faction: USO
FM Approved Yet? Yes
Faction requires art? Yes

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Contains New art? Yes
Previously Submitted? No

Notes: So based on everything from the western starmap planning thread I think I'm ok to call dibs on the area 200+ LY west of Yamatai for use in the 188604 plot. This puts it out beyond the Kud's area, and out beyond Nashoba's sector. There doesn't seem to be anyone else out there, and having my own map to update will make things like adding new colonies / baddies/ ect a lot easier.

This does include the Kyoto sector map on it, just to show where the area is.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Maybe you should crop the map down vastly when you actually upload it to the wiki. Don't need the whole Kikyo Sector there to give context!

I think it's totally fine to open a new sector map to be able to broach more content. I also think intially doing it for the purposes of USO is fine too.

However, I'm going to caution you not to expect a whole sector block will be entirely for your own use. Namely, it's the most convenient direction the Nepleslian faction can expand into.

Also, even though Yamatai itself is busy heightening its war effort against the Kuvexians, the 'West' currently seems the hotspot for NMX stragglers. Meaning contextually, anything that might have something to do with the Mishhuvurthyar might end up going West as well.

Personally, I applaud the initiative and I'm in favor of it. But I do feel its fair to tell you what to expect from the effort.

IIRC nepleslia has more planets than players, so I don't think they'll be able to expand in that direction. Even if they could expand they are going to run into the same wall I did when I first tried this: Nashoba's playground is right there and above that is the area claimed by the Kudahari.

As far as the Kuvexians go: We are planning on having the Rixx start streaming in from the north.

And there are kinda-plans for the NMX to show up but its kinda like "Are you guys going to do something with the NMX?". It kinda makes more sense just to run my own NMX group out there, have MORGAN show up again, and start with the crazy NMX super-tech.

Not that I mind anyone showing up in the area, and I can easily add planets/whathaveyou but honestly I don't think anyone is going to come out this direction anytime soon.

Edit:

Added some more images

As far as the Kuvexians go: We are planning on having the Rixx start streaming in from the north.

You know what's in the North, right?

Are we talking North as in from the Astral Cluster or West of the AC but still North of the map, just North West?

The Rixx showing up are supposed to be from the other side of the galaxy. The Iroma's Astral Cluster should be running into them too but that's more of a Kuvexian metaplot thing.

Not that I mind anyone showing up in the area, and I can easily add planets/whathaveyou but honestly I don't think anyone is going to come out this direction anytime soon.
I don't disagree. I just cautioned against being defensive/possessive about it. But my projections mirrors yours.

@Wes you okay with this?

I'm okay with this Western sector being added as long as we gradually fill it with systems like we've done with the main map. I don't think we should try to do the whole thing at once.

I completely agree, if I haven't made it clear: This is a mostly empty map with a handful of systems on it. I plan on adding things in to this area as time goes on or on request.

Could this be done 7 more times to just get doing the other sections and make the map center around the "Sector" centre?

EDIT

Oh, and the grid fitting. That's important too. Given this is also regarding the map, how big is each grid square? I have been told it is 25x25 lightyears

Khasidel's map looks very nice. ^w^ It gives a nice, lonely feeling.
I still need to find a place for Ee'ee on the Star Map. Zack's map could help facilitate this for me, so I can give it a less vague location than south-west.

Khasidel's map looks very nice. ^w^ It gives a nice, lonely feeling.
I still need to find a place for Ee'ee on the Star Map. Zack's map could help facilitate this for me, so I can give it a less vague location than south-west.

I'm thinking that Ee'ee and all of the UX systems are at the bottom edge of the map, basically directly south of 188604.

Made an updated Nonasector map based on Zack's submission here (had actually taken his work-in-progress stuff for this submission into consideration when I drew the original nonasector map, but either he changed things, the maps have changes or I miss-positioned some nebulae due to a mistake with the scaling or something ^_^; ). I know I somehow missed adding the Saiki nebula -- assuming that hasn't been recently adding to the main map in the last few months and I didn't notice :P .

Full-Size Here: https://s13.postimg.org/6ptk0v45x/Nonasector_Update_20170216.png

as13.postimg.org_t1rcu939z_Nonasector_Update_20170216.png

For reference purposes, here's a version of the nonasector map with Zack's map and the old Astral Cluster map overlayed on top.

Full-Size Here: https://s4.postimg.org/6uyr2i5kb/Nonasector_Overlay.jpg

as4.postimg.org_a1tam4q0d_Nonasector_Overlay.jpg

I totally moved things.

The edge case nebulae was moved out to the left due to nashoba's sector taking up so much space and me still wanting some room to make things in.

Made an updated Nonasector map based on Zack's submission here (had actually taken his work-in-progress stuff for this submission into consideration when I drew the original nonasector map, but either he changed things, the maps have changes or I miss-positioned some nebulae due to a mistake with the scaling or something ^_^; ). I know I somehow missed adding the Saiki nebula -- assuming that hasn't been recently adding to the main map in the last few months and I didn't notice :p .

Full-Size Here: https://s13.postimg.org/6ptk0v45x/Nonasector_Update_20170216.png

View attachment 7478

For reference purposes, here's a version of the nonasector map with Zack's map and the old Astral Cluster map overlayed on top.

Full-Size Here: https://s4.postimg.org/6uyr2i5kb/Nonasector_Overlay.jpg

View attachment 7479

Well I suppose this answers my request XD I had no idea this existed!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back