• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

What are some common functional expectations of cargo-containers in the SARP?

The standard ones are just large boxes, similar to the shipping containers you see on freighters. Probably have a physical locking feature, and may or may not be airtight, probably though as it is pretty easy to put a gasket on the opening.

If a faction or company wants to make one with more functions that would be up to them.

Mostly it seems to be a size specifications, probably find there are standardized loading points or magnetization areas for moving and loading the crates onto ships or trucks. Whatever the case, you've got 400m^3 of Huge container to pack full of profit, adding certain luxuries like pressurization, temperature regulation and shock resistance could probably be built into the container itself for specialty cargoes.

Side note, chelti use these crates as troop transportation also, furnishing them with compact shared living quarters, recreation areas, and eateries.

Related, an advert about space trucks.

Very useful information, thank-you. I've been debating using a modular room-system for the insides of a ship: bolting redesigned containers together as rooms internal to the ship -- so rather than redesign a whole class, you just swap a few containers around and update the hull accordingly.

Last edited:
I like the modular ship concept, though I think the rooms/compartments need to be bigger then cargo containers.

But I do picture a large skeletal frame work with a reactor and engines that one would pick and chose which bridge and layout they wanted for said ship.

Yes, exactly Yoshi. But think about it: If you followed that standard, you could just bottle multiple containers together to get the bigger rooms, then remove the walls between them.

Maybe, but it would seem to me a lot of seems to worry about leaking, but instead of containers just larger cabin/room/deck module then there would be few seems.

Sounds a lot like the ship design specs from upcoming The Mandate space strategy game, or Habitat, where you can throw parts of your cobbled together life-sustaining satellite at hostile players to destroy more of theirs...

RPG-D RPGfix
Back