• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

What are the nodal system, copyright & weapon laws?

OsakanOne

Retired Member
Hey all,

I'm just curious about a few things.

What are the limits of the nodal system in terms of reverse-engineering and manufacturing techniques? Is it possible to use a particular technique so your product cannot easily be replicated?

Also, in what territories and worlds are copyright respected and enforced?

Finally, what are the laws in terms of weapon sales and what strictly constitutes a weapon under these terms and conditions?

I'd like to know so I know where a particular product I've been designing (and have recently submitted and am STILL making revisions to) can be sold.

I know you'll all be a great help.
Cheers in advance.

The nodal system doesn't reverse-engineer stuff for people. It makes generic products free, but will electronically debit charge for reproduction of commercially sold stuff.

Yamatai has no copyright laws, and most weapons aren't restricted at all. The ones that are are basically high-end starship weapons.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back