• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

What are the stats for Ke-M2-W2913

Nashoba

SARPaholic & Admin
Convention Veteran
Inactive Member
Retired Staff
There is an accessory listed for the Mindy Power armor.

Ke-M2-W2913 Aether/Scalar Submachinegun (Bladed and non-bladed versions) - shown in Mindy 1H artwork

But nowhere are the stats for the weapon, can someone supply some basic data for this, I'll create a page if I can get the statistics.

I created a start for this weapon taking the text from the link Fred supplied as a start. Now we just need to remove what doesn't pertain to the weapon, and update the damage rating.

Presently no wiki access - at work - so here are my recommendations.

The Ketsurui Fleet Yards Ke-M2-W2913 Aether/Scalar Submachinegun uses a spatial distortion to release condensed potentials from the aether in a coherent phased beam. Because of the subspace effects of beam, it naturally pierces distortion-based shields. The weapon's range can be reduced to proportionally increase power and output duration, giving the rifle the ability to also function as a sword. The rifle has a long, thin sword-like shape with a pistol grip and a bullpup-style butt housing the battery magazine. Entered serivce YE 29

I'd change "Because of the subspace effects of beam, it naturally pierces distortion-based shields." to "Because of the subspace effects of the beam, it is ideal to compromise distorsion shielding."

I'd remove "The weapon's range can be reduced to proportionally increase power and output duration, giving the rifle the ability to also function as a sword."

I'd replace "The rifle has a long, thin sword-like shape with a pistol grip and a bullpup-style butt housing the battery magazine. Entered serivce YE 29" with "The submachinegun can mount a bayonette-style blade and its battery magazine is house in a bullpup-style butt. The W2913 entered service in YE 29."

if you have a better wording or want to add some details based on the art, be my guess. I'm just trying to help out.

Here is my take on the stats:

Purpose: Anti-Mecha/Anti-Personnel.
Firing Modes: Aether/Scalar (Lethal/Heavy/Stun).
Damage: MDR 5 (Aether*), PDR 4 (Scalar, Lethal*), PDR 5 (Scalar, Heavy; grenade-like radius on impact point) or Stun (Scalar, Stun). Scalar setting may disable electronics at impact point and cause live ammunition to 'cook-off'.
* will not breach shielding threshold: burstfire weapon.
Range: Up to 294,000 miles (473,177 km).
Rate of Fire: 9 Pulses per second (Automatic).
Payload: The BU-M20 battery magazine holds enough power for 13500 shots on Scalar lethal or stun setting. The Scalar heavy setting consumes 5 times more power (2700 shots maximum). Aether setting consumes five times more power than scalar heavy (or 25 times more power than scalar lethal/stun) so to last a full minute of constant aether fire (540 shots).

The number of shots this thing has seems stupidly, inordinately high for a Scalar/aether weapon, especially for something with as much power as this.

I based the number of shots on its firing rate and how it had enough power to fire continuously for a minute.

The range is pretty much the same as the other aetheric weapons the Star Army uses for power armor (forearm weapon, saber-rifle, etc...).

So, this is simply an adaptation of one of Wes' weapons and not one of my own submissions. If you've a problem with how it is, you'll have to take it up to the boss-man.

Perhaps I invite trouble by pointing this out ... but the range it has, as well as its rate of fire, are the same as the rifle that's supposed to be, well, a rifle.

If it's going to be an SMG, why not cut the range in half and double the rate of fire? Then it'd be firing a maximum of 900 rounds a minute, but have only about 200,000 km for the range.

Sounds reasonable, but I have sent a PM to Wes to take a look at the thread and the page, since he was the original creator of this weapon system, Figure let him make changes as he sees fit.

Nashoba

The range was listed as 300 000km because it's one light second. The weapon is essentially a direct-fire beam energy weapon that fires an attack which streaks toward the intended target point at the speed of light.

Cutting it this way, while I applaud the balancing thinking that goes behind it, doesn't hold up so well in comparison to what this weapon is supposed to be.

Essentially, if the targeting sensors of whatever is using it can point accurately atarget 300 000km away, it should still be able to hit. It even could do so at 900 000km or more on an unmoving target.

If that's something you want to do, it might be better to consider it an issue of 'effective range'. We have to consider that 300 000km is the distance between Earth and Luna. It's far-fetched to say a handheld weapon (with natural body movement involved because we are never quite perfectly still) make it unlikely that we can target a human-sized target (leave alone it's head).

Sorry, that's not an answer. Just food for thought.

It would obviously depend on what environment the weapon is being used. In space as you said, range is longer. On a planet such ranges become meaningless as its pretty much if you can see it you can fire at it.

We'll need to see what Wes says, since this was his creation.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back