• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

What can MEGAMI detect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kai

Retired Staff
Soresu
Post subject: What can MEGAMI detect?
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:58 pm

Okay, this maybe a completely dumb question, but can MEGAMI detect lifesigns aboard enemy craft, with shields down? And differentiate between them? I mean like Mishhuvurthyar, Nepleslian, Elysian, Yamataian, and Nekovalkyrja?​

Wes
Post subject: Re: What can MEGAMI detect?
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:58 am
O9 Taisho (Site Admin)

Using the RDD sensor on high-resolution, a MEGAMI could scan, record, and identify anything in its target area - even little things like seeing how many grains of rice are in the enemy's pantry.​

Soresu
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:56 pm

Wes...that is awesome, and the ultimate peeping tom's tool (j/k). Thanks for clearing it up for me.​

Exhack
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:07 pm

Mind if I ask how it does it? That's a lot of sensory information. Not that the systems couldn't handle it... but I wonder how the data gets there in the first place.​

Wes
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:40 am
O9 Taisho (Site Admin)

It establishes a brief quantum linked pair effect between the sensor palette and the scan area.​

Uso
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:51 am

isn't it true that information can't be transmitted using the quantum lined pair effect? And how would the sensor system establish such an effect with mass away from the ship in the first place (Some sort of beam, wormholes, caffeinated gerbils?)​

Miss Strangelove
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:24 pm

What? Gerbils?! Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there. He also mutters occasionally about fellow hamsters that will kill you all, but he is just moody, so don't worry. See how he glares? Shhh, we should leave him be.​
*cough*​
Anyways...Uso, stop critiquing canon before Wes decides to bansmack you.​

Andrew
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:45 pm

I think Soresu's question was answered. It is sad that we can no longer have conversations on this forum without this useless flaming of canon. Uso I have tried over and over to explain to you the difference between constructive and destructive criticism. Essentially you have brought a very patient individual, being me, to the end of his wits.​
I am tired of you fighting, tired of the "so called revolution". Play the game or don't. Find something to do other than make useless negativity, complaining about stuff that is not changing.​
Stop ruining other people's experience to further your own. Next time you or anyone else feels at taking a jab at Yamatai or Wes. "Hold your tongue".​

Last edited by a moderator:
MEGAMI's abilities, as far as sensors, are detailed here:

I'm posting this answer now so this thread has an official answer, but if you have some more questions about MEGAMI feel free to make a new thread.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back