Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

What does each star army do? and which can Elysians join?

Kai

Retired Staff
Inactive Member
Fuzz
Post subject: What is it exactly that each star army does? and...
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:38 pm

Title wasn't long enough for my full question but the rest was "and is there one Elysian's can join?" I been reading stuff about the universe this site takes place in for a few days now and started to try and create a character. I was looking at the races first and I’m dead set on being an Elysian. The guide said it recommends being in one of the star armies so I really wanted to do that but I was still very unsure of what the star armies do.​
I have gathered some things and I know it’s probably a really dumb question but I just want a clear definition. The Elysian part is because I know one of the armies you have to be one of two races to be eligible to join or something. Oh yeah and I was also wondering what was the difference between the two army? Like are they enemies, friends or what? Sorry about this there’s a lot of information so I've been having some trouble finding all of it on my own​
Abwehran Commander
Post subject: Re: What is it exactly that each star army does? and...
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:52 pm

There are really two active Star Armies for in character use.​
The Star Army of Yamatai is the military organization of the Yamatai Star Empire, a culture based upon Japanese Culture.​
The Star Army of Nepleslia is the military Organization of the Nepleslian Empire, an Americanized Culture if you will.​
Each Star Army is pretty much a combination of space and ground forces for each Empire instead of having multiple branches like the Abwehran Star Empire with it's Abwehran Armed Forces.​
The Elysians have their Elysian Celestial Navy rather than a Star Army. But that's probably because they want to have a different name from the nation they've fought four interstellar wars against. But I have no clue if their plot is running anymore or not. They attempted to start a PC plot, but only one person decided to join. It's pretty much in limbo now.​

Zakalwe
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:56 pm

Hello - I'm Zakalwe, chief tech designer of the Elysians and ex Elysian GM.​
While Sekiko has taken over command of the Elysians, feel free to contact me over YIM - I'm sure we can work something out.​

Fuzz
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:56 pm

Oh okay thanks guys.​
I gotta download YIM but i'll send yo a message when I do, thanks.​

Last edited by a moderator:
The function and mission of the Star Army of Yamatai is here:

The mission of the Nepleslian Military isn't written down but I'd expect that their job boils down to defending Nepleslia from external threats (such as hostile alien fleets).

Solution
RPG-D RPGfix
Back