Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

What does Nepleslia want out of a car?

OsakanOne

Inactive Member
Retired Member
What does Nepleslia want out of a car?

If your characters could make suggestions, what would they be?

The car is going to be a bit bonkers, kind of expensive and very high performance. Nepleslia's Veyron or tumbler. So basically a very very fast very scary tank that's bonkers, like something out of a 7 yearold's drawing book.

So far, I have to base specs to rattle with, to give you an impression of the performance envelope I'm hoping for. But this doesn't carry the spirit of Nepleslia. Not yet.

Some loose early engine specs
  • 16 quantum nucleonic cells?
  • Syncronized to a W16 turbine, developing 500BHP x 16 (8000BHP), 750 lb of torque?
  • LEVCON vectored intakes, aircraft style compressors
  • Booster nozzles positioned around the body?
  • Sounds like this had a threesome with this and and this. Then this got involved for shits and giggles. Oh and this plays in the background.

So far, I'm thinking of pairing this with a set of four variable-friction variable geometry treads and a 2 tonne chassis and use the booster nozzles to improve the acceleration and breaking but also the downforce (because 'spoilers and aerodynamics is for pussies') and laterally for cornering.

Really though, what sort of thing makes Nepleslians excited?

Help me out here.

I've always imagined that Nepleslians love their Muscle Cars. They'd enjoy the look of cars like the Pontiac GTO, Ford Torino, Cobra or Rambler Rebel.

They want a car with tyres that grip the road like a fat lady's thigh, lined with durandium to last longer, turn like they're on rails, and can do naught to sixty in two seconds whilst maintain ultimate controllability. Engines roaring like a chorus of lions on cocaine and having enough sheer 'balls' in the look and the feel to make a Nekovalkyrja wet herself.

Simply speaking, you're dealing with an entire planet of Jeremy Clarksons and Richard Hammonds. (All the James Mays went to Yamatai to get into their 'practical' cars and 'hover' cars and drive slow.)

Hovering cars are classed as luxury cars. You'll see plenty of them, of course, but a vast majority of travel is done on four (or more) wheels.

Funny thing about Nepleslia is that we've melted in so many peoples and cultures that a solid standard is tough to call. A certain type of car will appeal to a certain demographic more than others, much like vehicles do today.

If you're looking to appeal to the widest of Nepleslian standards, and aren't looking to get into the airbike business, I'd say that several of these fellas before me have it right on the money; tough cars for tough guys. Beefy throttles, big numbers and ubercompensation. Nepleslia likes its grit as well; I'd actually see it as a negative if they were all gussied and up waxed to a mirror sheen, like you would see, say, a Yamataian starship. There's pride in ones car, and then there's making it in Yammie standards.

Hey, not sure if this is the place for this, but I took this picture and ran with it for a quick prototype earlier today. I was on the small screen so no real screenshots until now.

The toy: http://www.hisstank.com/forum/members/money-b-albums-targets-picture6208-mcc.jpg

The Mobile Base rapid prototype model:

Corner view: http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv19/Grumps_McGurt/MB001_zps616e2546.jpg

Side view: http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv19/Grumps_McGurt/MB001_side_zpsa603d4ea.jpg

Top view: http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv19/Grumps_McGurt/MB001_top_zpsb34d106a.jpg

Land legs up: http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv19/Grumps_McGurt/MB001_Gearup_zps6168f556.jpg

That cockpit was hard to copy, I just couldn't get it right quickly so I'll tackle it later. I decided I didn't like the treads and went with a hover design instead, squeezing through the skyline of Funky City sluggishly. But otherwise, the shape still needs more work to make it more visually effective.

I was partly inspired by the aesthetic from the old G-Police games as well with this. For good or ill.

As for a name, to me it look like some sort of hunched insect on the ground, like a flea, or a tick, but we need bigger names than that. XS

Anyway, just thought I'd put this here to show off as it stemmed from the topic and maybe tickle a few fancies.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back