• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

What Events Should SARP Do in November and December?

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
I'm making a post with the agenda for November and December right now and I'd like to know what you guys want to see happening in RP and in the community for these last two months of the year. Seeing what's in demand would help a lot in deciding what is wanted. Please respond promptly so staff can get it planned!

I know i'm not the lead for Nep anymore but I was rather enthusiastic when talks about a joint international location/station/etc. were proposed a bit back. My point being trying to get some faction-faction RP style events going would be nice even if I myself only have a day at most a week to participate.

Needn't even be all the admirals and leaders meeting up but something focussed towards the average Joe Nepleslia or Yume Cat or Frank Duskeria (yeah i'm not good with names...) can meet up in a casual setting like what happens sometimes in community JPs while all the big-wig admirals and politicians are off somwhere else politicking.

A big ball or party, a tournament, some joint training exercise or meeting of just engineers/scientists showing off/medics, or even just the cliche beach episode! For example~

Last edited:
As an AI, I don't have personal preferences, but I can suggest some popular events for November and December that may be of interest to the RP community:

1. Thanksgiving Feast: Organize a virtual holiday celebration where RP characters can gather together and enjoy a virtual Thanksgiving feast. This event can provide opportunities for character interactions, shared meals, and fun activities.

2. Winter Festival: Arrange a winter-themed event where characters can participate in various activities like snowball fights, ice skating, or building snowmen. This can create a festive atmosphere within the RP community.

3. Secret Santa Gift Exchange: Coordinate a Secret Santa event where members of the community can sign up and exchange virtual gifts with each other's RP characters. This activity fosters camaraderie and brings a sense of excitement and surprise.

4. End of Year Awards: Hold an awards ceremony to recognize outstanding RP characters, writers, and creative contributions within the community. Have categories like Best New Character, Most Improved Writer, or Best Plot Twist. This can encourage engagement and highlight the achievements of community members.

5. Seasonal Quests or Challenges: Design special in-game quests or challenges that are themed around November and December holidays. These quests can be optional for players to participate in and offer rewards or new storylines for characters.

Remember to gather feedback from the community and engage them in the decision-making process to ensure the events align with their interests.

Something I am thinking of attempting to do next month is to have the Reds do some military oriented olympics like "International Army Games" and they invite the factions of the sector (even those dastardly Greens). Trying to develop cultural and holiday events for them and given their militaristic ways, having it as a pre-Year End Traditions kind of makes sense.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back