• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: Section 6 What God Farted Over Here?

The approach towards the Embassy was certainly a tense one. Comely Spirit had been expecting people to be in high spirits - that sort of air was just latent around the place, but geeze ... she certainly was not expecting things to be as they were. The display of the soldiers outside was certainly unexpected as far as she was concerned, though it certainly heralded good tidings before her arrival. Most fortuitous, this might just make her interaction a little more pleasant. People were often more open when they were at ease - doubly so in times of celebration. There was an old unspoken back home - a clan head could not refuse the first offer given to them after a sizable conquest. But she hardly expected the UCS to be all about blood oaths - more contracts and formal agreements. Still, their representative may hopefully be at least that little bit more negotiable. The sordid sound of muted tapping could be heard as the rubber-capped boots fitted around her hooves dulled the errand clacks and clops that would often follow her, her form clad in the metallic midnight blue body suit that clung tightly to her form, it's padded sides and built-in 'boots' suited her body type quite well, the black-gloved handguards helping to cover her up well enough whilst still allowing the cybernetic arm to use it's built in functionalities. She owe alongside it a white and black jacket with padded shoulders, square patterns and plenty of room to fit her towering form. She felt the look combined 'ready to go' with 'always ready for business', that and it was generally more comfortable to travel across unfamiliar territory wearing something more form fitting. And a slightly open neckline showed a certain amount of comfort with one's form. What message would that send if she were not comfortable in her own skin?

As she approached the front of the Embassy, she sought to slow her pace in order to look down at her palm, tucking her index finger inwards as she tapped her palm to activate it's built in VR HUD. As her eyes blinked, a muted click betrayed their switching to their alternative lenses, allowing her to examine the last page she had opened. To most, it looked rather humorously like she was reading her own palm, as if she'd scribbled something onto her hand and was trying to get a read on it. Brushing up at the last moment could not hurt, though. And she promptly found herself staring dead at a written brief detailing basic knowledge of the UCS. Their flying colors, the basis of their system of government...not too much information, a barebones structure - but at least she was not going in totally blind. Though she did her best to maintain a brisk and tempered step, she did soon slow to a stop as she halted to examine her information, seemingly mouthing to herself the same few lines again and again, as if attempting to memorize before an exam. This ship was either going to make her future or become her grave. She may as well make sure her attempt was worthwhile. Ears pinned back as her features scrunched up into a slight pout, tearing her gleaming green eyes away from the invisible display to rub a pair of thick digits across the bridge of her muzzle, up across her scalp and firmly down her locks, still trying to find her cool. Confidence, dear Spirit, confidence...

Jack stood from his given throne, dressed in a suit like outfit with a few more archaic style liveries. A shoulder shroud with a pauldron, a armored shin guard, and a ornate LCK in a sheath hanging at the hip. All was rather stylized with dark charcoal grey colors and detailing of gold and silver. He carried himself upright with the rigid stance of a soldier, much like how Mark Oaklen did. Upon nearing one another, despite the drastic contrast in hair and eye color. Mark having black hair and blue eyes, and Jack with his snow white hair as well as eyes as crimson as blood. Both were identical in every other way other then facial expression.

"Mr. Oliver, please, let's discuss that in a place less meant for politics and not the planning of soldiers. I try to keep both separate for smoother cohesion, everything in it's proper place and time and all that." Jack offered as he waved everyone back to the atrium. Once inside, he turned to the group, "Your request will be granted, we simply just haven't had the forces to go in for a operation this size for a while. We've been rather numerously attacked lately ever since settling this world. Hades, Crimson, and now theses Reapers backed by well equipped mercs. It's all been one struggle one after the other. We've had.......severe losses of late."

A solemn silence passed over them for a moment as a tinge of pain passed into his expression before it was rectified. "I'm sure my brother has mentioned the murder of his wife Koroleva? She was one of 60 deaths, 4 being councilors, and 2 being of the royal fam- our family. My oldest son Amit, was hunted down and killed. So please forgive my less then warm greeting, as I am still reconciling such losses, and mourning. Mr. Tazar, you are to lead our troops and coordinate with the UCS marines in he absence of my brother Major Talos. I trust the briefing packets were transmitted as requested?"

Tazar hadn't been paying attention at first, having noticed the equine woman he recognized after she entered the building. He mouthed "Hello" to her with a faintest whisper of a smile. Having realized he was just spoken to by a superior, the Warrant Officer snapped a crisp and well trained salute before replying. "Apologies Lord Pine, yes they were and am ready to give the briefing, may I suggest bringing all involved forces into an appropriate space? Also shall we be asking for additional assistance from the Dovanian garrison?" Mark asked as he rapped up his confirmation, partly hoping his daughter in law would possibly be present.

"Get it done Tazar, and yes. I leave it to you and my brother then. Please, does anyone have any questions, or any topics to discuss before I depart?"

Calling Spark away from her lady had probably been one of the worst moves of some Corporal's career, hearing the ire of the woman peel paint on both ends of the line. However, Spark would be waiting at the transport, yawning as she waited for some sort of briefing, or to be told where to be. She had managed to change out to the classic Revenant undersuit, and her armor was being maneuvered into the shuttle, ready for combat.

“Allow my Marines to show you what we’re capable of. We’re well versed in containment. If we could have a floor plan of the station, schematics of any machinery in place, detailed intelligence work on the infestation that exists there and a full operational order we are more than capable of handling an infestation.” Michael spoke as he stepped forwards but kept his distance from Jack as he placed his hands in the small of his back and folded them.

“Back home, we have a parasitic plant called Red Death. Another, Black Death. Finally, Sanguine Death. These creatures are… not easy to kill in the slightest. Through the actions of Marines and companies like myself, we’ve managed to not only contain those parasites but nearly eradicate them.” He assured Jack further as he lifted his hand and swiped his opposing hand over his wrist.

The parasites he described were displayed… in grisly detail. They were capable of eliminating an entire species with but a single spore in most cases and spread rapidly. Unchecked, they were easily capable of becoming a galaxy devouring parasite that could end all forms of sentient life. “We didn’t bring any with us… as far as I’m aware anyways. I don’t have a security clearance to determine that but there’s none on my ship. If you let us go in, we’ll treat everything inside that station just like we treat these degenerate creatures.”

Her wait had been complete. Or rather, the fortuitous coincidence of encountering them right outside, well, that certainly made her day. But her day was doubly so made when she realized whom it was amongst these clear top-brassers. Jack was certainly hard to miss, but her eyes were utterly glued to the presence of Tazar. Their…particular history together had already been flashing through her mind, before she fixed him with a shocked expression – one of pure surprise to see him, followed by a shy but happy wave towards him and quietly mouthing out a ‘It’s been so long!’ in pure excitement. It was a happy reunion, subrosa as it was, she knew she would have to contact him as soon as they could get some proper time to talk. But, she also knew she was here on business and, sadly, personal happiness and a lot of catching would have to wait. The last gesture she gave – likely never seen, was the tapping of one of her long perked ears as she mimed the request to call her later, her eyes largely remaining on Lord Pine but – more importantly – on the person who happened to be with him.

She was getting a decent look at Michael of all people whom she recognised from her reports and requests. So this was the person she was after. Turning to face them, she merely contented herself with being present in the background. Perhaps the annoyance of having someone looking over them might get their attention – perhaps not. She just had to find a convenient time to butt in – talks about the dead and slaughtering creatures might not be the best time to ask for a job.

The Revenant II of one Ashley Beckett strolled in with some heavy thuds, Executioner shotgun with an axe head mounted to one of magazine tubes strapped to one thigh with a Dragon's breath resting across her back - the armour almost looked like it was on autopilot unless you saw BRRF's redhead Nepleslian with a penchant for flames clamber in not too long ago, other than some faint mechanical whirs that the armour let off passively it looked lifeless.

Arguably inside the armour wasn't much better, a very calm and steady heartbeat alongside Ash's lack of want to talk with any of the meatbags around her unless she really had to, so instead the Nepleslian accessed her implants and recheck the status of her suit - running through all the various systems and their boring statuses of: ONLINE

She stood around, barely listening to the bare minimum she needed to know - there were things that needed burning and here she was in all her pyrotechnic glory; there was a very good reason that most people who'd heard of the Nepleslian's nature called her Ash...

David in the meanwhile was still strapping into his rather new combat armour as he approached the assembly, having been held back by the last few pieces of paperwork needed to end his brief bout as a university teacher, but he was here now and finished pulling on the last pauldron - the Geshrin's more Saintly days coming back to him as brown eyes observed the UCS personnel with the precision of a falcon's predatory gaze, a few faint clinks of his gear bouncing around as David came to a halt finally and stood where he needed to, taking one short moment longer to readjust his rather pronounced crotch plate before the man's arms gripped each other behind his back.

It was surely just a coincidence that it meant his hands were close to his sidearm around these new people, surely...

"Hold up a second, Corporal"

Aztec turned, snapping a salute to Sergeant Ramsey. "Sir?"

"Seems, you've got somewhere to be. Just came across a few moments ago. Something going on at the Embassy downtown, and the head sheds are asking for you." Ramsey tapped the side of his head. "You should consider getting a Geist, Aztec. It'd make this easier."

"I'm sure it would, sir. Been thinking about it, but have been a little busy lately..." Aztec replied. Sergeant Ramsey nodded and walked off, leaving Aztec questioning what was happening. He'd been on a 4 day patrol/ break in of the new combat armor NDC recently developed. While it was certianly better than what he'd had while serving in the nepselian military, he'd be lying if he said he didn't miss his PA. Ah well...

Aztec caught a lift with a convoy passing nearby the embassy, he got off, still in his armor, Harbinger and Wraith strapped to his side, helmet in his hands, he walked the last block or so to the gathering, seeing a group of UCS marines, along with a few NDC personnel. Recogonizing David among the group, Aztec approached him, his Equine like head attracting some looks from the UCS group. "Finally got you out of the university, did they?" He joked.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back