• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

What is Melanchol?

Zakalwe

Inactive Member
While looking up restricted technology I came across this reference:

Restricted Military Areas include, but are not limited to:
Military States (Such as Melanchol, Geshrintall)

Geshrintall is of course the old name for Yamatai, and where the name 'Geshrin' comes from, but what is Melanchol?

I found this on one of the old boards:
"But.." Yui looked up, her eyes filled with tears. "I can't...I must...oh Syada why?"

T'Anna hugged Yui and said comfortingly, "We are here to help you. You do not have to do it all alone. Because there are so few of you left, you must embrace diversity in order to survive. You have friends here now. We will help."

"Kosame" she whispered, sniffling. "Melanchol"

( Okay, some OOC notes: Syada is a mythical GSA battleship in Geshrintall orbit. It is said to be sentient and godly, and so a lot of GSA troops will use its name where humans might say god. Melanchol is Yui's home state, a rainy and cold land not unlike the climate of Kosame )
Syada sounds most interesting ... it means 'raging' in Sanskrit interestingly enough.

But I'd still like to know some more about 'Melanchol', including where it is and so forth.

Melanchol is a military state in the Northwestern subcontinent of Yamatai. It contains Pagoda no Uesureya, Ketsurui no Iori, the Trysylvanian Woods, and castle Anisa. There is a webpage about it here.

Its borders are marked on the map here.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back