• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

What is the Ava-net?

Fred

Retired Staff
I've heard more than a passing reference to the Ava-net since I joined the SARP, but found out very few hard details on what it was.

What I do know : It was what essentially ruled Geshrintall (the planet that eventually was called Yamatai) a while ago until some great war ousted them out. The Ava-Net, as it's name hints, is more like a network of super-computers... or so I understand.

I'd apprecfaite more details on what Ava-net was, how things were under it's rule, how a war sparked against it and how it was removed from power, how a new ruleship governmental base was established and what happened to the Ava-net in the aftermath (I get the feeling it's not entirely wiped out).

A war didn't remove it, an imperial decree did though I don't belive it has been established as to where Ava-net was moved to.

Remember that this can happen to any species, race, or group in the empire.

Oh, in one of the descriptions of the Yui Destroyer, it mentioned about one of the ship's systems being designed by the Ava-net, whom were 'settled' in the southern landmasses of Yamatai.

On the other hand, there's a mention in the Yamatai planet description that it was when Avanet left the planet that Yui renamed it from Geshrintall to Yamatai.

If AvaNet was the whole deal with the god-like Avatars (like the one who transferred Wolf into the new NH-8 body at PNUgen) then I was around when it was in use, but I don't really know much beyond that, i.e. why it was discontinued.

Uso Tasuki said:
Remember that this can happen to any species, race, or group in the empire.

Oh the drama. :)

Seriously though, Wes might be more comfortable discussing the AvaNet in the GM-only section, as it might tie-in with future plot lines.

Quantum computers of the old era had become so advanced that they formed their own society and existed as mobile, god-like entities (think Q). The Avatars, each a physical manifestation of such an entity, would sometimes be bonded to starships to serve as their AI system.

Since AvaNet had questionable loyalty and was generally considered a liability (they didn't always take orders), they were booted out in favor of the newly-competing PANTHEON.

When Geshrintall was turned into Yamatai (The Nekovalkyrja basically had a peaceful takeover as their numbers swelled), the AvaNet's territory (they owned much of the southern hemisphere) was claimed by the YSE and AvaNet was told to move or be moved by PANTHEON. Having the ability to do so easily, AvaNet went off into the stars. Where they ended up, no one knows.

Perhaps AvaNet simply decided to humor the said mortals? After all, they might have decided that it was more beneficial to leave and attend their own agenda elsewhere, now that the PANTHEON was being erected and could have become a possibly disruptive force to them.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back