• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

What is the maximum range on Tachyon transmissions?

Exhack

Inactive Member
I just need to set a boundary on the new VOID armor. So I figure I can set distance at about 90% of the SAoY standard.

EDIT: PA scale.

Perhaps we should phase out tachyon tech entirely. It's tricky and there's been tech threads about it not making sense before. For this reason I chose to remove it form the Mindy 1H in the design phase.

That said, I'm open to suggestions for a max.

For reference, the Mindy 1F has a tachyon communication array in the shoulder that has a range of 1 million miles.

Forgive my lapse of memory, but since when did Nepleslians use tachyon tech? It's a fairly new addition to Yamatai, even. Not that I mind them have it, but I would like to see the where and how they got it.

Well... I simply chose Tachyon because it seemed like a good way to send large amounts of data over very long distances without any corruption in the information. Should I stick to subspace to transmissions?

Check the Harpy and Daisy power armors, the last ones to use Tachyon tech. Theirs is mostly straight from the NDI; I assume the Nepleslians could've gotten it from the same place.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back