• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

What is the procedure for thread locking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OsakanOne

Retired Member
Why are threads of interest locked when a moderator no longer wishes to continue discussion?

Often, there is interest of those who are not moderators and from allowing these discussions to take place, we can often derive ways to resolve issues or new and interesting ideas.

Explain the reason for this operating procedure.

Re: Procedure: Thread-locking

I can't really tell if this is a complaint or a real question but I'm suspecting you're looking for some sort of word of god law code for it, rather than discretionary?

Not agreeing with their judgment doesn't make it wrong.

Really they don't do it for no reason, and most threads like that have never resembled anything close to what you seem to be talking about.

Respectfully, from what I've seen I mean. Could you be more specific maybe so I totally understand the context? :)

Re: Procedure: Thread-locking

Threads get locked at a moderators discretion. That is what makes us moderators.

We try to keep it so that things that are moving in a direction that is not good for the site, in violation of the rules, are blatantly designed to cause issues, and/or are becoming unhealthy conversations are locked.

In terms of the tech and setting forum there are procedures for appealing a locked thread, please see the submission rules for that procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back