• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

What kind of skill is Observation?

Fay

One of the new guys brought it up a while ago, but I don't remember if it was ever answered or not. What skill type would Observation (higher then normal, I'd assume, at least) fall under? If it doesn't go into any, should it be a totally new skill? A possible problem with this skill could be powergaming/playing... What do you think?

Just pick the skill area that seems most appropriate for the type of observation the character is good at, and list it there.

What sort of observation are you talking about, specially? Like reading people's fighting moves; looking for suspicious characters; tracking animals?

Observation is so broad... I guess I was referring to it as a whole. Now that I think about it, it could go into many categories if you want to break it down into specifics.

Reading fighting moves could go into Fighting, tracking would go into Survival, but I'm not sure where the suspicious characters one would go into. I believe that the suspicious characters was the one I am referring to the most, though.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back