Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

What SARP's take on wormholes?

dusk

Inactive Member
what SARP's take on wormholes?
What is required to make them?
Is there definitive or abstract concept for wormholes?
Are their different types of wormholes? (not just are their different ways to create the same wormhole)
Also what is SARP's take on negative energy and it's use in making a wormhole?

Negative Energy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_energy
(and by negative energy I mean the first and second definition here ... NOT the THIRD)

Vacuum Energy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_energy

Casimir Effect:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casimir_ef ... _wormholes
(I strongly disagree with this author use of the of the word FTL. I don't believe FTL is necessarily the most appropriate word. For me it more that wormholes shorten the distance, between the object and its destination and may only appear to create an FTL situation because light simply has to go the regular distance. Furthermore, I would like to point out that if light was going through the wormhole as well, light would still beat the object going thought the wormhole).

All three of these have been used for energy and propulsive purposes and I myself have one of the few starships using wormholes exclusively for FTL travel (Maras gunship ).

Note FTL does not necessarily mean faster than light: If you can move from point A to point B in an amount of time that would be classed as faster than light without the use of wormhole technology, it is classed as a FTL-Transportation technology by definition.

It's a term that basically allows us to know whether you're using terrestrial distance wormholes or whether you're using them over huge distances and it's a nice tiddly little acronym that saves us a lot of explanation and discussion like I'm being forced to cough up here.

Phew.

Yeah here a rough draft... that I am still working on....(I am planning on showing to the Technology Mods pretty soon after I finish the npc character to research this technology. I also need to allow proper amount of time for reasearch)

WITS Net

Wormhole Information Transmission Satellite
The core of networks relies of special satellite that use wormhole to transmit data. Powered massive giant solar panels each satillate generates to separate wormholes using the principle of negative energy. Because Azoreans have not perfected this technology and are still having issue with thermodynamic loss, the wormhole are only big enough to allow small particles and photons through. The Satlittles are equipped with a radio transmitter to communicate with nearby ships
Why the Azoreans?
Azoreans are not as technologically advanced as the Yamati or the Elysians; thus they lack the more advanced means of trans-dimensional and Tackeon particle means of transmitting over vast distances. Furthermore, electromagnetic waves, Tachkeon particles, and (for Azoreans) radio waves have issue transmitting clear data and signals through the waters on Azorea (and I think oceans in general)
Advantages
*Speed (Real Time Transmission)
*Transmission through the ocean and other problematic areas
*Enemy has to be near the satellite to incept communications or must be able to incept the communication when it goes through a higher dimension
Problems
*Azorean technology limits the satellites to a spacing of 2 light years
*Takes a lot of satellites thus is easy for the enemy to take down
*Easy for an enemy to intercept incoming non-encrypted communications

RPG-D RPGfix
Back